A strange coincidence

@Fleura (5372)
United Kingdom
I just read @MALUSE's story about Mehmet I and Mehmet II and this reminded me of an incident many years ago. When I was a teenager, many years before cell/mobile phones were even thought of, I once called a friend from a telephone box (remember those?) Since she was at home and I didn't have enough change for a long call, she said she would call me back and I gave her the number - but she misheard one of the digits. She called the number she thought I had given and a man answered. She thought I must have left the box and someone else had entered to make or wait for a call, so she asked if Fleura was there and he replied that she had just gone out. My friend then continued to have a conversation with the man about "me" which got more and more surreal as it soon became evident to my friend that this man was a complete stranger. She ended the call, managed to figure out which number she had misheard, and called me back; of course I was still in the box wondering why she was taking so long to call. What is the chance of calling a random number and getting the home of someone with the same name as your intended caller I wonder? All rights reserved © Fleura 2016
That is pretty amazing too. You would never expect that.
@Fleura (5372)
No it was quite a surprise, my name is not particularly common!
@Fleura That's true - which makes it even more amazing.
• Preston, England
quite a coincidence - bet you couldn't do it again
@Fleura (5372)
Especially not nowadays - hard to find a telephone box!
There are no coincidences ... life is never as random as we think. Not sure that answers your query but I'm all for being profound and deep today!
@Ronrybs (7084)
• London, England
What a coincidence! I actually a phone box with a pay phone in it, outside a pub. A very rare thing
That is a real coincidence, just shows they do happen.
@thelme55 (9995)
It was a coincidence. I think it happens many times everywhere.