Disability and job

@alberello75 (13569)
Genova, Italy
I want to draw public attention on the thousands and thousands of people with disabilities (like me!) that they can not find work because they have to add to the difficulties of all the prejudice still too widespread to their physical or sensory condition, even when this would not jeopardize the proper conduct of an occupation. Let us therefore urge private and public employers to maintain open and receptive attitude towards those who approach the world of work despite a disability that must be overcome with common positive actions, rather than to exclude who is the bearer! This message, I have written also for me that I am mentally disabled to 75%! What future? Image font: Pixabay.com
When you see a very healthy person who is collecting disability for years, you have to wonder why. He had eye problems, but he has since had surgery to fix those issues. He should be working instead of home doing nothing.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
Exactly! Even people with disabilities have the right to work. Sometimes, as for example in my pathology, the work for me, would be better than a medicine! (At least I have this point of view)
He will probably milk it forever.
@AbbyGreenhill It's the ones milking the system that ruin it for the ones who really need it.
The world can be a pretty cruel place sometimes and that just is not right.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, I see. Unfortunately this is the reality of facts!
@jstory07 The world seems to be getting worse and worse.
@Susan2015 It really does and many people ignore that fact and look the other way.
The same as myself here. I hope it gets better for you soon.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
I hope in the same thing
Hello my dear Italian friend! Do you still remember me? I'm glad you are back here in myLot with a new avatar.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
I thank you, but you must excuse me, I do not remember you. Could you tell me something that makes me in mind yourself? Maybe your nick @toniganzon, remember me anyone.... Me and you, have probably met in an old paychat called RO2.BIZ? Regards Alessandro
@alberello75 Yes we have met there and I hope you remember frenchtoast if you don't remember my name here. You used to send me emails too. My first name in ro2 was hotmama which i then changed to frenchtoast.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
@toniganzon Perfect. Now I remember who are you.
I can only speak on behalf of myself, but I try my hardest not to judge. We all have short-comings and as a result the individual worker needs to be a little more understanding, that way it spreads thru the workplace and the world.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
Should not prejudice because no one is free from defects!
@alberello75 Exactly, nobody is perfect, that is why I am so open-minded and have acceptance of all illnesses.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Very good
@alberello75 The greatest and most hidden prejudice today is not about race, color, creed or any gender issues. It is about the disabled. Disability does not know the race, color, creed or other outward limitations. It is equal in its attack and just as equally discriminated against by those who do not understand. Keep voicing your words my friend!
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
You're right. Discrimination, especially coming from those who do not understand! At the end, the losers, are just us. (by someone's fault!)
I hope it gets better for you Alessandro. Of course even people with disabilities need to work and it's not a good thing that it's so hard to find someone who hire them.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
You know that many firms prefer to pay high fines rather than hire disabled people! This is a real shame!
@alberello75 Yes I know and this is a real shame and should not be allowed. The authorities should oblige them to hire disabled people.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
@LadyDuck Always everything unfortunately for a question of €, $... Money
Disabilities and prejudices come in all shapes and sizes. I might not be considered disabled, but I am overweight and I get the looks because of it.
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
An advice? You try to ignore the looks. We must not create personal problems, due to "third parties". They are perhaps perfect? Answer: NO!
@alberello75 True, nobody is perfect.
@Bluedoll (17208)
The job market sucks for everyone. It is very demanding and often they want someone to be something they are not. “If I had to choose a superhero to be, I would pick Superman. He's everything that I'm not.” - Stephen Hawking
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
In fact, nowadays, to find a job, do you have to be Superman !!
dont gived up as there are places that do hire disabledpeople just keep loooking
@alberello75 (13569)
• Genova, Italy
This for me is the only remaining target
We all have flaws and none of us are perfect. You and others should not be judged when it comes to finding work. And if you need disability, then you do. One day you might not anymore. You are still young.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Very well written post! I support your idealogy of equal opportunites for the disabled
@Meramar (2084)
Personally, I am not disabled, but you are absolutly right that life is very difficult for those persons who are, but you are also a person with your rights to be treated with respect as everyone else. People should be more tolerant and help those who cannot afford some aspects of their life.