Something different for a change....

.....I did the rain dance and it worked! It might not last long, but at least things are getting some much needed water. Of course once these clouds clear and the sun comes through any wetness will dry up and it will also become very muggy. I stepped into the pool last evening and the water was warm. My husband said it was 78. That means it's getting very close to us humans, me anyway, going in. My husband likes it around 82 degrees so he has a while to wait. We have to run to the local store today for a few things but other than that I plan on not doing too much today, except cook and eat! How's things in your neck of the woods? Photo: pixabay.com/en/clouds-rain-sun-weather-1293230/
@Raelove (14567)
• Saco, Maine
Feel free to send that rain our way. We are in desperate need of it here. The pollen has turned my blue car yellow, and I am all stuffed up. We had one gray damp day which helped, but it's back to sunshine and no clouds. It's been warmish, too, which is nice. I'm not sure if I'd like warm pool water, or at least not that warm. I'm one of those fools who loves the waters of the icy Atlantic, as I find warmish water much less refreshing.
It didn't last long. Everyone is/was covered in pollen. It has finally stopped here now we need to clean everything - cars, garage is loaded, porches. Just don't have the ambition quite yet. 82 degree water isn't very warm. The pool is 8 feet deep so there is lots of cooler water at the bottom. It's hit over 90 several times late Aug-early Sept. Our rain stopped, didn't last long, just long enough to make it humid.
Love to take a dip in the ocean. I am one that could stay in the icy waters for hours.
@Raelove (14567)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill I've seen that happen when the rain only adds to the humidity. I planted a few seeds outside in a bare spot, so I hope it does rain to give them a drink. The ground is so dry here, too, and our fire danger level is still high.
Oh I wish we could have a pool in our yard. Our landlord will allow us only to have a kiddie pool that has to be emptied every day. Oh yay us. I would love one large enough to take a dip after a long hot day at work. Had one in my yard years ago and I spent hours in it. Allowed the neighbor's kids to enjoy it as well. As long as they kept their eye on them it was okay.
My husband has never in his life been w/o a pool. The only time I didn't have one was many years ago....I am a pool person for sure.
@AbbyGreenhill I loved being able to come home and jump in the pool. Now mind you it was only about 3 feet deep, but it was large enough to be able to relax and cool off.
@ElusiveButterfly On a hot day even a kiddie pool is relaxing for sure.
I like the pool water to be about 75.
That's a little chilly even for me. 78 is good. I stuck my foot in the other day when it was 74 and it was darn cold.
Dang woman, if you needed rain you should have asked, I'd have sent you ours, we don't need all we've been getting.
If you have any left please send it this way the stuff we just got didn't amount to a hill of beans.
a lot of people here use solar.I have not seen it or try it.
We don't need that - we get use of pool from May into early October.
@AbbyGreenhill Here in New England the season is a bit difference than yours.
@amadeo Yes, much shorter.
@miniam (9308)
• Bern, Switzerland
We `ve had a very wet April and may and i sure dont need the rains anymore.Hope you had a good lunch.
It didn't rain enough to count. All it did was dampen the ground and when the sun came out it all dried up.
@miniam (9308)
• Bern, Switzerland
@AbbyGreenhill Might rain more soon.For me, i dont need any more rain here
I don't like it when the weather is very humid. Luckily we don't get too much humidity here.
Living int he south most of the summer is humid, it's part of living here. I have good a/c so no problem!
@AbbyGreenhill But you'd have to spend most of your time indoors. Just sayin....
It seems to be raining here every night as what our housemaid told us. We've been away on a vacation from a beautiful island and just came back home this morning.
Send some here please!
@AbbyGreenhill Oh surely I would love to, but you need to continue dancing.
I would love to have a swimming pool! I love being anywhere there is water. No rain for us, dry for another week.
We don;t live w/o a pool!
@LeaPea2417 (13611)
• Toccoa, Georgia
All is good , I just have to go to the grocery sometime today to buy a few things for dinner tonight.
We ran to Pig-Wig for eggs and potatoes and it was empty - I hate to see it later today and the weekend.
@HazySue (16012)
@AbbyGreenhill it is around 90 degrees here today. The sun has been playing in the clouds, sometimes hiding behind them and sometimes bright and shiny. It is much to warm for me out there. I love the pool water in the 70's, if it gets too much higher than that it starts to feel like bathwater to me.
70 pool water is cold I won't let the dog go in that temperature. Ours is 82 and it is not hot at all - now when the water hits 88-90 plus then its too hot. I don't take baths or use a hot tube so hot water is not my thing. Our pool is 8 feet deep.
@HazySue (16012)
@AbbyGreenhill I guess I have gotten used to swimming in cold water.
@HazySue where do you live?
I think every Native American tribe could perform a rain dance and there would be no rain in Southern California.
Maybe I need to do one for you! We have lots of Indians around here...everything has Indian names.
Is your pool artificially heated, or is the sun enough to warm it up?
I think the rain dance misfired, it has poured for 2 straight days lol
@sueznewz2 (8968)
• Alicante, Spain
OOhhh I'm so pleased for you that the pool is warming up.... perhaps you should come over here and do a rain dance.... Our community pool opens on the 2 june... so we do not have long to wait now... yyyeeyyyyy