MS virus

@akalinus (15793)
This thing has taken over my MS Edge and they won't let me close it out. I tried to remove Edge and could not do that either. I have a FixMeStick but they blocked it. I tried to message @goaskalice but there is no way to add an image. Watch out for this one.
I hope you can get this fixed.
Hope it gets sorted. This sort of thing would freak me out as I would have no idea what to do.
@akalinus (15793)
I don't know what to do, either.
@msiduri (5750)
@JudyEv and @akalinus CTL + ATL + DEL and then rebooting is the easiest way out of most of these situations.
@akalinus (15793)
@msiduri That did not work in this case. System restore did.
Thank you for this alert. I do hope help comes soon.
@akalinus (15793)
Thanks, I tried to submit a photo to the admin of myLot but I guess we can send photos.
@tech40 (9260)
How did you get that? Can you tell us more?
@akalinus (15793)
It just came on the page. I have been getting warnings. I restarted the computer each time. Today, it just took over. I am sure if I call the number, they will want money to release it. I cannot find a way to uninstall Edge and they disabled my FixMeStick.
@tech40 (9260)
@akalinus Oh I see, i havent experience this yet but thanks for sharony this for us to be aware
@akalinus (15793)
@tech40 I hope you don't experience that. I was so upset that I was shaking and turned the computer off early.
@Marcyaz (35669)
Is this the one someone on here said was coming from someone on this site? I have heard it originated in India if it is the same one.
I had to do Ctrl, Alt, delete in order to reboot. It was the only way to get it off.
@akalinus are you sure that the problem came from MyLot? Edge has been known for being susceptible (according to friends). What is a "FixMe Stick"?
@akalinus (15793)
I was on myLot when it happened. It could come from something else. A FixMeStick is something you plug into a USB port. It is supposed to remove viruses and malware that your Malwarebytes and antivirus miss. I am thinking of firing my antivirus. I have MalwareBytes premium, also. Did a scan with both and they came up clean. The stick was disabled and would not work.
@akalinus Ah. Now I do recall hearing something about those things. Consider going to System Suite as it has stopped the same kind of things on our computers.
@akalinus (15793)
@Berniezeitler Never heard of it. What is it?
@msiduri (5750)
Hope your situation has been resolved. These can be nasty.
@akalinus (15793)
My son did a system restore to an earlier time and it was gone.
@msiduri (5750)
@akalinus Ah, good. That's my husband's fix for infections as well. Would like to be able to reach through the computer and throttle the scum that do create these things.
@Susan2015 just experienced it and we were able to stop it in it's tracks. once I am sure it is not where it said it was I'll post about it.
Right here on this post it came up! had to turn off computer but it didn't get through the defenses.
my Im trying to leatn the edge ab windows ten so Im no helo buthope you can get help to get itall right againf
Oh no, I hope it gets fixed soon. So it happened to you on here then. Something must have gotten through to here.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
That`s sh-- hope you have it solved soon