Hearing Things Tonight

By Lola
@Lolaze (2859)
St. Louis, Missouri
Yes, I have hallucinations when stressed out. And lately I've been very stressed out. Tonight I'm hearing muffled voices off in the distance...something I've dealt with since childhood. I know they aren't real but they are annoying anyway. I wish my medication would make them go away, but to do that I'd have to be so medicated I'd not be able to function.
• Marion, Kansas
That would be very irritating. It also reminds me of what people describe with tinnitus. I know it is different though. My first mother in law kept a radio playing in every room for somehelp with what she was hearing.
• Riverside, California
Every once in a while I will be surprised by a voice. It's always at the worst time because I'll be incredibly stressed out and alone. The last time this happened, it was dark outside and I was walking to my car. It scared the hell out of me. I thought about going on medication, but I just can't bring myself to run off of meds.
That reminds me of the night I was up listening to about 6 different conversations in my head. I love my medication. it knocks me out cold.
@zarlamain (24032)
I hope you get better. Medication does that sometimes.
@MGjhaud (20811)
try not to be stressed out then. its not easy i know but theres no any other way i guess unless you would like to rely on to your meds all the time.
@sol_cee (13144)
• Japan
Think of happy thoughts, like myLot payout..
Just try and ignore them since you know they are not real.