The Whitsun break starts here

Photo is mine, of the Teddy Bear's picnic we had for dinner tonight
United Kingdom
Well, my kids broke up from school today and we now have a full ten days of lie ins in front of us - while I have four kids I'm very lucky to have a nice big age gap so only have the two youngest to get ready in the morning, and thank god for that as it's so hectic I'd hate to have more to clean, feed and dress (and all before 8.30am!). We don't have any concrete plans for the holiday yet, we're definitely not going away anywhere but I'm looking at a few local-ish things to do (although this is such a short break from school it might be that we lazily do nothing exciting at all!). The weather isn't looking like it's going to shape up too well for the first half of the holiday and I really am tempted to stay in the house and get a bit of sorting out done in the kids' bedroom - we've made a start on a big revamp in there recently so this might be a good opportunity to get the kids sorting out their old and unwanted toys (to cut the pressure on me a bit!).
@Inlemay (17336)
• South Africa
hello from me - this is the first time we have met - I see you have been here a while but dont often post - glad to have you around
Hi! Nice to meet you too!
• Rochester, New York
Is that Paw Patrol I see on yonder table?? Once school is out here I'm hauling my nieces to the beach for the day. They can explore the light house and run around in the sand.
Ahh, yes - we're big Paw Patrol fans in this house (even the teens like it, which just didn't happen when the little ones were into Peppa Pig!). My partner has just mentioned a beach day funnily enough, we're kinda landlocked in Birmingham but there are a couple of beaches which are just about doable as a day trip
@zarlamain (23947)
You are bound to be busy with the kids. Good luck! Have fun!
Hello Christina, I haven't seen you for ages. Glad to see a post from you. The weather's been great today, but the forecast isn't looking too good for next week, is it?