I Am Excited Over Clothes

@noni1959 (3650)
I ordered some clothes online and they were sized wrong so went to JC Penny in person to exchange. She gave me more than I paid and I told her but she said because those were the now prices I get that back. I thought rather odd but didn't argue it. One my way out I noticed so many sales and saw three racks with clothes all marked $2.97 each. I grabbed a fur (fake) vest my daughter calls my 70's find, (it was regularly $100!), and six very nice tops and blouses for $2.97 each as well. I got to the counter and asked if I could use my $10 rewards I earned prior and she said yes and then said if I have $25 worth of items I can get another $10. So off I went and found a nice maxi skirt for $20. after everything was added up and my discounts taken with an extra $3 or so discount, I paid a total of $14.85. I ordered from Kohls earlier that morning and used rewards buying Sketchers and workout gear for $68 and some change. My total for the day was only $82.78. Now I understand why others get excited over buying clothing. I don't get to buy often. Everything I bought also coordinates with the skirt and some clothing I have here. Now I have several outfits. I still have money left from the refund and going back today with my daughter.
JCP has always had some good sales. I love to order online and get rather excited waiting for it to come. Always great to save money.You did well.
@noni1959 (3650)
I ordered online and the clothes were way too big but glad because I wouldn't have known about the sales racks if I didn't go in person to return them.
@noni1959 ...Sometimes the sites are great because they have cool sales they don't have in the store.
@noni1959 (3650)
@celticeagle I ordered five tops and a purse for $30 from them. The purse alone was originally $59! I like their sales. KMart and Kohls has some great sales lately too.
Thats fantastic Loretta that you were able to do so well in buying clothes. I have not purchased any clothes for around 2 years now. No loss as mine are doing okay for me.
@noni1959 (3650)
My clothes last me years and I really needed something for work. I rarely shop for clothes too so was excited to get what I call my next five years worth.
@noni1959 Agree my friend we must make them last.
You really made a great haul for very little money. We have JC Penny here, and I need to take advantage of that store once again!
@noni1959 (3650)
My daughter wanted to go so we went back yesterday and between us both, we came out with $300 worth for only $96 and that included baby items for my upcoming new grandbaby, my granddaughter new swim suits and clothes and a cute Monster stuffed animal.
That's great that you got good deals, I love saving money on purchases. I only shop at thrift stores though because I cannot afford regular stores anymore.
@noni1959 (3650)
There is a store near my work that sells high end consignment clothing. I thought it would be expensive but they actually have $1 racks. I found a very nice new work jacket there for $3. I love yard sales. I can't afford to spend in stores right now but I was given a gift card and that's where it began.
I love savings! JcPenney often has spend $25 get $10 coupon off on their website! Happy shopping!
@noni1959 (3650)
They have that in the store as well and can save on shipping by going in. Some of the sales racks are amazing with prices.
Sounds like you got some very good bargains while you were shopping
@noni1959 (3650)
I did! I don't get to buy often so very happy. They have other sales as well so going to really look today.
@yukimori (9072)
That's fantastic! I love when JCP has things marked down so much--guess I need to head over that way after work tomorrow and see what our store has in stock!
@noni1959 (3650)
They have a huge Memorial Day sale going on. I wish I had more time yesterday to really look. I'm going back today.