"A rose by any other name"

Memorial Day weekend...the holiday we honor those that gave their lives fighting for our freedoms. At least, that is the 'company line' in regards to it, but that can be a different discussion. It's also known for the Indy 500, cookouts, and yard work. I spent part of yesterday clearing out some brush on the property line adjoining the area east of the house, and I plan to do a bit more on it tomorrow, but this morning I was simply looking and planning what would stay and what should go, and one of the rose bushes engaged my attention, so I decided to share a photo of one of the blooms. I also noticed some of the mulberries getting close to ripened, I'll have to keep close watch to beat the birds to them. There's also a nice blackberry bush that is getting strangled by honeysuckle bushes...I'll need to take them out before they choke it. But the sun is gently shining, the birds are singing, the squirrels are running through the trees...all is fine at the moment in my little corner of the world.
What a beautiful picture of the rose. Tomorrow is a day to reflect and thank those who fought for our freedom.
They're really fairly small, although pretty...I cropped the photo for the discussion so it would show in better detail
@JolietJake They are just lovely. That's one of the great things about this time of the year. All the different flowers in bloom!
I had not even thought of the Indy 500 until you mentioned it. Not much is made of that race anymore.
Yeah, I haven't seen anything about it anywhere really.
I guess it's actually running today, for some reason I thought it was tomorrow.
@Lucky15 (33687)
Looks like a lot berries will be picked soon
Yeah, I've got some raspberries on the south part of the lot too that are looking good so far.
@Lucky15 (33687)
@JolietJake keep on eye on those. Lol
Thanks for sharing the rose photo. Glad to know that everything is fine in your little corner. I'm sure the same can be said in other people's little corners as well.
I do enjoy small town living in a quiet neighborhood.
@JolietJake I doubt if there are places here in Manila that would qualify as 'small town'. Everywhere seems like living in the 'big city'.
@PainsOnSlate (20662)
Thanks for the reminder. I was going to set my TV to tape the Indy. Will do that right now. Sounds like paradise at your yard...enjoy it!!
Early mornings are an especially peaceful and quiet time.
All is fine here too this morning.
Looks to be the beginning of a fine day for a cookout.
@Marcyaz (35591)
Memorial Day to me is a sad day just thinking about those who are now gone. The Wall is again going across the Country but I have decided not to go see it again as the last time I saw it was with my love who is now gone. You are doing a lot of hard work on your property and I am glad all is fine in your part of the world.
The work has needed done for a few years, but I am just finally getting to it. That property line had too much Rose of Sharon and honeysuckle crowding everything else out.
@aarifa (1212)
Enjoy the happiest moment of the life.
Sometimes you have to take time out and just stop and enjoy what is there...
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
Send Scar out to patrol the Mulberry bush
He's currently down staring at the groundhog's home...my big mulberry doesn't seem to be doing very good this year, but I found a few young healthy ones on the east property line.
Have a good day!
@Inlemay (17141)
• South Africa
I love that you have a corner on this spherical world as well!
@trivia79 (7887)
• El Segundo, California
enjoying the beauty of the nature is a very relaxing way to start your day.
@Yar_Joey (3296)
A beautiful morning to you as well. that is a nice picture of how good your morning was,
Pretty rose, I have that one in my garden but the color is baby pink.
I am glad your day started out peaceful. =) That rose is so pretty too!
Its quite a beautiful rose.
@LoriAMoore (4678)
Sounds like a nice peaceful day in Jake-world.
@Macarrosel (7537)
Wow! Seems a very cool place to stay. By the way, you mention a rose, well, my real name is Rose and it's my favorite flower.
I remember picking mulberries growing up, tasty little berries, bad when birds eat them though, that purple poo can stain even paint
It's important to plan all this stuff before actually getting to work on it, isn't it?