Favorite Punk Songs #7 - "I Wanna Destroy You"

Denver, Colorado
Well it's about time. For #7 in my Favorite Punk Songs series, we finally head to Los Angeles for some SoCal punk, courtesy of the Circle Jerks. Keith Morris was the original vocalist for legendary punk band Black Flag, but left that group after their 1979 debut EP. That same year, Morris and guitarist Greg Hetson formed Circle Jerks. The band has broken up and reformed at various times, and is, at present, on a lengthy and perhaps permanent break. Luckily, I got to see them during their last reformation. "I Wanna Destroy You" was a highlight. The band's cover of The Soft Boy's "I Wanna Destroy You" is from their 1995 album Oddities, Abnormalities and Curiosities. (An oddity: 80's pop queen Debbie Gibson performed backup vocals on the song.) With Morris serving as frontman for the band Off! and Hetson a long-time core member of Bad Religion, who knows if the Circle Jerks will ever reform. Luckily, we have songs such as "I Wanna Destroy You" to listen to in the meantime.
Skip navigation UploadSign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose SPACE 'N' PUNKS SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe553553 Loading... Lo
I can dance like that Scott. Love the title of this one..suitable for someone I know right now lolz
• Denver, Colorado
I'm glad you liked it. Hope that your situation with this person works out.
@teamfreak16 It will, I will win haha
Scott you have destroy me.I am all punk out
• Denver, Colorado
Good thing there are only six left!
@teamfreak16 your serious Scott.I loved it.lay it on me.
• Walnut Creek, California
I was never a Punk fan. But I love Holiday in Cambodia.
• Denver, Colorado
It's a punk classic.
Needless to say being from LA, I know the Circle Jerks were somewhat of an institution on the local punk scene.
• Denver, Colorado
I bet you got to hear them a lot. I "discovered" them on an afternoon punk show on our local college radio station.
@Ronrybs (7904)
• London, England
I remember Debbie Gibson. This is a bit more of how I think of punk
• Denver, Colorado
A lot of people identify with the Southern California punk bands as what punk sounds like. No harm in that. Those bands do have a very distinct sound.