too tired to do anything

@sugartoes (40035)
Greencastle, Indiana
do you ever find yourself too tired to do anything after you just got up? I do at times, not very often but at times I do, even after I've had my coffee. it's like I'm just drained & haven't done anything, can you tell me why? I get up early I sometimes go to bed early & sometimes late & never feel like this it's just every now & then I get this way & it makes me wonder if I'm just getting old or I'm not getting enough sleep or do I need more rest.
@Marcyaz (35693)
I generally feel that way a lot of the time and it is probably because of being sick.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz but I'm not sick wonder if it has anything to do with the weather being so hot right now? but it was early so I don't think so
@Marcyaz (35693)
@sugartoes It could have been to hot.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz yeah it's been a little warm
@ridingbet (50256)
i actually should be in bed now, but i am still watching a television movie Insidious 2, and i am still posting my comments, but yes there are times i feel the same way as you do too.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ridingbet I guess it's like my husband says "if you didn't need it you wouldn't have went back to bed" reading sometimes makes me tired but that's just when I read books not while I'm on here so what's up?
@ridingbet (50256)
@sugartoes it is a Tuesday morning here and i am seated in front of the TV commenting and at the same time watching the game 7 between OKC and GSW. i hope the Warriors win.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ridingbet it's Monday night RAW HERE & I'm just listening to CEANA on wrestling
Today is the day I am too tired to do anything, after 5 days taking care of a guest I am exhausted.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck yeah that can sure catch up to you after your done & don't know how tired you are.
That cat's yawn made me yawn I feel like that a lot. I think it's because our brain is so busy even while we sleep that we wake tired.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him when I go to sleep my mind goes right along with me I don't have nothing I'm thinking about I make sure it's blank I sure don't dream to keep my mind going so I don't know it's strange how we can look at someone or something yawn & we start doing it huh??
@sugartoes It's a natural reaction. You're lucky you don't have anything on your mind when you go to bed. I have to calm my mind down and think of something that will cause me to go to sleep. Working on a book does the trick every time.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I have never had a problem sleeping that's problem is STAYING a sleep that's another story when I wake up it's cause I have a lot going on I need to get DONE so my mind just WAKES me up at odd hrs of the night or EARLY in the morn. & I'm UP
@shubhu3 (14271)
• New Delhi, India
Ya it happens a lot and for those I tend to get scolding from my mother.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@shubhu3 say what? that don't sound right
@shubhu3 (14271)
• New Delhi, India
@sugartoes As in during vacations I become so lazy that I hardly do anything heheheh.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@shubhu3 that's what a vacation IS right where you relax & enjoy the time to DO NOTHING?
@ElicBxn (60834)
It could be that you aren't actually sleeping well on those nights. Have you had a sleep study done?
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElicBxn no I haven't I know if I had a regular time of going to bed & getting up I wouldn't be so tired but I put WAY too much time here on the computer is one thing but I've since changed all that.
@ElicBxn (60834)
@sugartoes I try to have a regular bedtime, I have my phone set for mornings. Some days are easier than others...
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElicBxn I have stared taken naps late in the day so I can work at night & get plenty of sleep so it works out pretty good now.
@magallon (17937)
It happens to me sometimes. Especially now that I am 50 years old. There are days that I feel like I am too tired and just wanna lie down and rest.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@magallon that's ME I'm 58 & it hits me every now & then that's what I felt like this morn & when I laid back down I slept till 12 pm
@magallon (17937)
@sugartoes Maybe that really happens to us, aging people. We are not getting any younger and our body is not as strong as before. We feel tired easily.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@magallon that's what I was thinking too but I feel FINE MOST the time
@shamish (202)
Exercise regularly . Happy hormones will be released and you will be energetic all the day. Maintain a schedule for sleep and waking up. Sleep before 10.00 and wake up at 6.00. You can observe the changes.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@shamish I do that too & I don't feel no different
@shamish (202)
Ok. Show to a good physician then.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@shamish no, I'm fine I do this every so often I'm almost 60 I hardly sit down for long I'm always on the go so I just get tired & it catches up to me I guess is all.
@annierose (17692)
Whenever I feel tired to do something, I go over my phone and look for some motivational quotes. Those are good words for me to start to move. Sometimes, I just chat with my close friends and have a good laugh with them. There are times, I just watch tv for few hours and after that I will have energy again to work. I suggest you look for something that will give you the energy you need to regain your strength.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@annierose most the time I do but there's time I just rather go back to bed instead
@annierose (17692)
@sugartoes Maybe you just need to take time to rest and reflect.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@annierose sometimes I get where I just want to get it ALL DONE so I CAN relax & enjoy the hard work
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@sugartoes,May be you didn't have a sound sleep.I never feel tired after getting up.Tiredness engulfs me often when I come back after a long evening walk.Going for evening walk has been my routine in which I cover 5-7 kms,but sometimes I try to travel farther.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@else34 I think I may have just over done it yesterday with trying to set the cabin up for my craft shop I'm working on & my feet hurt so bad I guess I didn't get enough sleep
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@sugartoes Often too much fatigue also becomes a reason for lack of sleep.You worked hard with injured leg and got completely exhausted.That's why you couldn't sleep.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@else34 don't have no injured leg but some SORE FEET
@thebestmom (1105)
it sometimes happens to me too
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thebestmom so it's not just me that does this or has this happen them WHEW that's good to know thank you I thought it was just me that has it
@sugartoes YES, sometimes you will feel burnt out.. but will heal by itself..
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thebestmom I think or HOPE once I get the cabin like I need it & can get off my feet in there where I can relax more I'll be FINE.
@VivaLaDani13 (19308)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Yeah I get like that a lot too. I don't no the reason as to why it's happening to you but the only things that come to mind are: *Restless sleep. *Bored. *Too much on the mind. *Stressed. *Not enough exercise. *Not enough iron / poor diet. And again, I don't know the reason and everything I just listed may not even be close to why it happens to you but it's all I can think of right now.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 well that could very well be enough don't you think ? ha ha ha but I could add a few more in there but I think I'll pass on that for right now
@gr8nana6 (2195)
I feel that way a lot lately, guess it must be the age. I get 7 to 8 hours sleep a night so I do get enough.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@gr8nana6 I found that even though we FEEL like we get enough sleep MOST the time our body tends to feel like it needs MORE that's why it's always GOOD to take a 2-3 hr nap like around noon before 3 pm
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I find when I don't have something specific planned for the day I have a lot more trouble getting moving.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@BettyB ha ha ha yeah that's good but see I DO everyday with 8 dog's a husband & 2 places to keep up with to TRY & keep CLEAN as well as trying to get a craft shop going & get a cabin in order to make it my craft shop as well as my cave to live in plus trying to get the YARD in order on top of ALL that & then some. so it's not like I don't have NOTHING to do I have PLENTY that's why I get up at 6 am & don't go to bed till 12 am @ times not to mention try somewhere among ALL that & get the crafts ready.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
You know what? When I feel that way, I put the song of Bruno Mars, the lazy song, where he says "Today I swear I am not doing anything, I just want to lay in my bed" I don't think it has anything to do with getting enough sleep, or getting old. It happens from time to time, that you wake up in the morning, and you are up to nothing. Just a lazy day. I might get worry if it happens again, again, and again, but if it's just now and then, well, in my opinion it's normal
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@chris2050 wow REALLY? I think that's awesome I like the way that sounds thanks as if you were RIGHT here you sound like a COOL dude thanks I feel better already being I JUST got up it's 6 am on a tues morn here you have a great day K? cheers.
It sounds as if you are not getting enough sound sleep. Is the photo yours?
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jaboUK I'm getting as much sleep as I've always gotten mo the cat is from pixabay
Maybe you have a sleep problem and should have a night at the Sleep Lab.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina ha ha ha really? that MIGHT just be the trick but it don't happen too often just every now & then which is odd we don't have a sleep lab so that won't work for me sorry.
Every day. It's a frame of might. Stress, anxiety etc.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JohnRoberts well I have been under a little stress trying to set the cabin up for my craft shop so you may have something there & don't have the money to really do a whole lot to make life better that's why I thought by making a craft shop would help solve that problem for us ??