FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

That's me eating for a change!
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I LOVE food! I LOVE talking about food! I LOVE touching food! I LOVE serving food! I LOVE making food! I LOVE(D) working in restaurants! I LOVE FOOD! I subscribe to food magazines, read cookbooks, even wrote and published 2 of them in the 1970s--I can/do get 'high' from these activities. I would be the first to admit that I have been obsessed with food 24/7 for 70 years. I never met a food I didn't like--well, that's not quite true. I had oyster plant once and wouldn't have it again. Also, I don't particularly like coconut--though I will eat it in a cake, pie, dessert, curry, etc.--but everything else is fair game--oh, I might leave the jellied candies for last but I will eat them. I went to do my weekly food shopping and when we left my friend Larry said he has never seen anyone as happy as I am in a supermarket. I, basically, buy the same things every week but varying them--like for main courses I will buy fish, chicken, beef, veal, etc.--and my latest diet 'treat'--100 calorie packages of popcorn--soda--ground beef and cheese for my Thursday evening treat of cheeseburgers--corn on the cob, brown rice and romaine lettuce --4-6 heads of different lettuces for salad--decaffeinated green tea--orange juice--canned and/or frozen unsalted veggies--fruit--hot sauce--Mrs. dash's seasonings and so fourth--I may, occasionally, buy a 'no-no'. Then I go up and down the aisles looking at everything I would buy if I wasn't always on a diet or if I had money! :o) I stand in the bakery section inhaling--look at all the new candy bars that have come out since I was a kid--go up and down the snacks aisle (chips, pretzels,etc.) followed by the boxed cookie aisle and reminisce of days eating Pepperage farm Milano cookies, Mr. Amos chocolate chip cookies--living in South Florida there is always new produce on display that I may not be familiar with--then the frozen food section to gaze at the Sarah Lee cakes--I never have had a defrosted one--how do they taste?--they taste great frozen--and all the frozen pizzas--most of them are bad but they never stopped from eating them! :o) I look at all the frozen dinners that have come out since I had a TV dinner 30-40 years ago (and haven't bought or eaten one since)--I check out the sodium content on labels--if you don't read labels you will probably be shocked at the high content of prepared foods. When I get home I just have a joyous time putting everything away and, mentally, making up my weekly menu. Food, any kind, any time, just lifts my spirits--I can even enjoy rice cakes! Do you live to eat or eat to live?
I was just thinking of you today & realized that somehow, you and I haven't interacted on here in awhile! funny how that happens at places like this. but anyway, i was thinking of you & had to search for you. and here you are... writing about food which i LOVE.... i call myself a foodie, though i'm too "poor" to be the foodie i would like. (by poor, i am a middle income stay at home mom who lives paycheck to paycheck... i know there are far more poor folks in the world.... but when it comes to food, i feel poor often).... glad to see you here. it suddenly struck me that i hadn't "talked" to you on here in awhile & i am glad you are still around.
@GreatMartin yes, i understand that... i haven't been on here much either. i'll cry i'm sure... ha ha
I love food but I'm the opposite to you - there are so many things I won't touch. I don't know anyone as picky as me - add a sauce etc. to good old meat or fish and that makes it abhorrent to me. I certainly don't like shopping for food, putting it away when I get home, or planning meals. So there!
@GreatMartin OMG - You are incorrigible!!
I don't really like to cook or plan meals, but I appreciate good food. I maybe could be considered a lazy foodie??
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I stopped cooking for myself except 1 or 2 days a week--it has become work!!! LOL
I think it is wonderful that you feel this way about food. You really do sound as though you get high just writing about it! I'm afraid I'm more of an eat to live person.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
No apologies necessary--just means more for me!!
@garymarsh6 (12182)
You have a great attitude to food. I eat to live although at times I live to eat especially when it is something special to eat. Bon appetit!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Everything I eat is special--otherwise why eat it?
I live to eat. LOVE food. My tummy does get a bit angry with me sometimes!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Mine is too busy to get angry with me--besides I am always feeding it!!
I LOVE food too!! OMG I am laughing so hard at your frozen Sarah Lee cakes especially cheescake (are they supposed to be defrosted??? I don't think I've ever tasted one that wasn't frozen) I live to eat and am always thinking of food and different ways to cook the same old things. We are kindred spirits
I just eat to live. Never fond of food. I am a vegetarian and that was so easy to start since food has little appeal to me. I just want to get the eating over with so I do not get dizzy from not eating.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I wouldn't know what 'dizzy from not eating' even means!! I eat just in case I think I will get hungry!
I love food too but not the shopping part.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I LOVE shopping for food!!! Almost as much as I love eating it!!
@rubyriaz007 (2590)
I eat to live. That is the correct way. I too like fast food like pizza, burgers, sandwiches etc. Once in a while we all like to have it. I have maximum 2 pieces of these. We should always eat to live,not live to eat. If we live to eat,he will fall sick very early.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have been living to eat my whole life and at the age of 82 even more so! :O)