Quotes by Famous People: Einstein and Disney ("The It Factor")

Einsten and Disney
Austin, Texas
Albert Einstein is often referred to as the Father of Modern Physics. Although they say, his academic peers did not have a high regard for his “thoughts” or “thought process”, there are two reasons why most of us ordinary people tend to think he was really smart! I like to think of those reasons as: "The It Factor". Reason 1: When nobody else got it (???), folks would be like: Hey! He gets it! [ Reason 2: When folks realized that he got it, the next light bulb that went off in their heads was: Hey! He can actually explain it! To us!! Genius!!! * * * Do you have a favorite Einstein quote? I don't have a favorite as yet because there are so many that I keep stumbling upon. But here is one that makes me think, Einstein and Walt Disney (animator, voice actor and creator of Mickey Mouse) should have been BFFs (best friends forever). "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955) * * * "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." --- Walt Disney (1901 - 1966) I think Mr. Disney also got it when other people didn't get it.
My favorite quote by Einstein is the following: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
• Austin, Texas
Thanks for sharing this. Nothing like good clean humor to brighten your day.
@cmoneyspinner Einstein was an incredible man.
• Austin, Texas
@LadyDuck - For sure, he was gifted. And he wasn't selfish with his gift. He shared it with the world.
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein (Really does pertain to today.)
• Austin, Texas
Whoa! Sobering thought. Thanks for sharing this quote.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I dont really have a favorite quote there are so many good ones Moneyspinner. I couldnt agree more with these two you have mentioned though. I hope that your day is fine and nice to see you here.
@innertalks (2449)
Albert at the board, looks pretty bored!! He would rather be playing dice with God, I expect?
"God doesn't play dice with the world." This is my favourite quote of Einstein's because I do not see God, if he exists, leaving anything to chance, if chance really does exist. I believe that chance does not exist, because if it did, by now, the chances would be more that nothing exists now, and something does exist still, and so chance must play no part in it at all.
• Austin, Texas
That's a good quote too. My interpretation of it was based on movies I watched about Greek gods. In the movies, it seems the gods were always “toying” with humans as if their lives were a “game”. So to me Einstein's quote was to say: God doesn't play games with human lives. We are not His toys for His amusement purposes.
@cmoneyspinner You might be right, but he did make this quote apparently to a fellow physicist when they were trying to convince him of the quantum theory, which involves "chance" happenings. His answer to them was, "God does not play dice." He thought that the state of the universe at any one time determines the state at other times ... Einstein was not convinced that there was any randomness in nature.
• Austin, Texas
@innertalks - I don't know about quantum physics but sounds like Einstein was making sense. His simplistic response probably really pissed off his fellow physicist. Too bad we weren't a "fly on the wall" for that conversation.