she has a sense of humour

May has chosen to behave like it's winter. She thinks that she's funny as she waves bye-bye, leaving us in a saturated world of damp squidginess and performing her last dance with a blustery breeze of un-gracefulness. It is chilly, and I am wearing thick tights and a woolly jumper. Very funny, May. Very funny. I must go out. It's not a Desire or a Want. It's a Must and a Need. Somebody {pointing no fingers ... okay, it was Me} forgot {there's that memory lapse thing going on again} to pick up her prescription for her Happy Pills. I haven't had a Happy Pill since Saturday night, what with it being a Bank Holiday yesterday. So, I'm hoping that the rain will calm down to a gentle drizzle and the bluster will slow down to a gentle whisper at some point this afternoon. Then I shall go and get a little wet, rather than a lottle wet. And I may discover Happiness again.
@WorDazza (10105)
• Manchester, England
We had a beautiful sunny weekend in the North West of England!! Makes a change! Had a spell on those happy pills a number of years ago. I flushed the lot after a couple of weeks. They totally flat-lined me. No real downs but no ups either. I'd rather cope with the downs in my own way as long as I get the ups!!
Saturday was gorgeous here in the east. It's been a tad off since then. I was on the Happy Pills years ago, but weaned myself off them. Then things went belly up two years ago and I decided I wanted to be back on them. My decision, nobody else's. I still have a lot of downs, even so.
@WorDazza (10105)
• Manchester, England
@Poppylicious Everybody has different ways of coping with the sh t that life throws at them and everybody reacts to that sort of medication differently. I hope things are better for you now.
@gudheart (12752)
I am on happy pills and have been for a good few years now. The happy pills can allow me to keep my emotions in control, but some days nothing works.
Yep, they're certainly not a cure, eh? They just take the edge off things, but not completely.
bless yer heart, i hope yer trip to fetch those "happy pills" went well. we've mostly winds here, with lil to no rain fer months. i'd happily trade'ja some'a that sogginess.
You can have it, as long as you promise not to give me those pesky wild creatures in return!
@Poppylicious lol, no ma'am, i'd not wish'em'n nobody :) i was thinkin' sendin' ya some sunshine 'n warm breezes to dry ya out a bit.
@crazyhorseladycx Bless you! I do need drying out. :)
May is just the opposite here and it ended like a hot & humid summer July or August day. Mother Nature is very confused
Maybe she's going through the menopause? *grin*
@Poppylicious its very possible
@KristenH (24102)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I hope those pills make you feel happy.
Thank you ... I'm sure they will. Not that I'm unhappy ... !
@KristenH (24102)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Poppylicious Well keep me posted.
@Dragonairy1 (1414)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
IT was freezing and windy here too, I blame husband as his boat is finally ready to go in, but the silly wind is making the waves too big.
I shall blame your husband too, then. :)
@AutumnSnow (4584)
this made me laugh thank you, lol. Yeah May has been miss behaving in these parts as well. It's been a weird May one day we're having the heat on next day the A/C. Definately a mood swing I'd say, lol.
We need June to come along quickly and kick May into touch.
I hope you recovered your happy pills without getting too much wet.
I got a little bit wet, but it wasn't too bad. I consoled myself by popping into the library. :)