Rehoming a lonely (recycled) Buddha

@boiboing (12881)
Northampton, England
Once it became clear that the weather today was not going to be conducive to a day in the garden, my husband went for a wander to the local 'recycling' shop and came back with an absolute treasure. He had to take his 'sack barrow' to wheel it back because his find was far too heavy to carry and now we just need the garden to dry enough to find a perfect place. He bought a Buddha - a beautiful old fellow who had clearly been in somebody's garden for a long time and had aged to a lovely finish. We're going to put him at the top of the rock garden above the fish pond so he can keep watch over us in the house and over the fish in the pond. My husband also bought several small acers (Japanese maples) and will most likely plant one on either side to give him shade in the summer and remind him of his far eastern origins. We have a beautiful old wooden Buddha in our living room who sits at the highest point of the room, draped in the white scarves we get given every time we go to the Himalayas.
• Uzbekistan
Will he chase potential burglars away when you're on holiday?
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
I can't guarantee that.
Oh, I love Buddha. I have a little one in the garden, chatting to his friend Priest Head. I shall look forward to seeing a photo of him. :)
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
I'd say he's a jolly Chinese Buddha rather than the indoor one who is slimmer and more serious.
oh what a lovely find, pics later?
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
When it stops raining and he's put in place, yes, I think that would be appropriate.
@Dragonairy1 (1413)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I love Buddhas, we have a small one on our mantelpiece. Is your new statue the little fat kind, or the thinner one? Ours is the little fat one
@thelme55 (15059)
Buddha in the garden is beautiful. He will bring luck as well.
Buddha's are cool.