Getting honked at because Drivers are not observant!

Lexus IS 300, a car we used to own.
Do you consider yourself an observant driver? Or observant passenger? An observant driver means you are alert, have your eyes browsing through the interactions and around your surroundings, focused and always have a plan in mind just encase. Lately, being a driver and a passenger - I have noticed many people are not observant and only drive by staring at the lights. Just because the light turned "green" - it does not necessarily mean it's time to press the gas and take off. You still have to proceed with caution. Lately, I have been getting honked at because drivers are not observant. Hello? Open your eyes drivers! - I am signaled to turn right but I do not take off when it's green. Why? Pedestrians have a right away therefore I have to wait. - Drivers are running red lights so I will not proceed until traffic is clear. Most of the times the people who honk are ones that just finished texting, looked up to see the light "green". I have seen nonsense driving as well. Many drivers are impatient to wait at the light so if there aren't any cars they will proceed as if the light was a stop sign and run red lights after making a complete stop. Have you noticed crazy drivers lately -or- is it just me? Photo belongs to me.
@sunrisefan (20055)
In New Zealand, no driver ever honks and they respect the line.
New Zealand is so peaceful. Even you mentioned dealerships allow you a hour to test drive cars, that's amazing.
@sunrisefan (20055)
@infatuatedbby Just read on FB now that a car avoid a motorcycle here in the city but still bumped it and killed the driver and passenger and went straight to an electric post, cutting the post which toppled over a passing car and injuring a couple inside. Wife is now in serious condition in the hospital. The accident also caused a brown-out in the business district.
@sunrisefan Hey! That's scary! But that's in New Zealand?!
In this country of mine there's a lot of crazy drivers and driving here isn't easy at all. My client is married to an American man and when he was here he told her he could not imagine driving in this country!
I cannot imagine driving in your country or mines! Lol, that's a whole different scary.
@infatuatedbby oh yes it is and people don't mind the traffic rules here. No speed limit
@toniganzon I cannot imagine that. I would be too scared to drive!do you drive? Or ride of motor pad / bike/ motorcycle?
I see all sorts of crazy driving when I'm out on my bike.
I hope they're treating you well as a biker! Some people even honk for yielding to bikers!
@infatuatedbby - No, I've come close to getting wiped out so many times I've lost count. They pretty much hate cyclists here.
@teamfreak16 Here they don't pay attention to them. Be safe out there when you're riding!!
Yes, I am very observant at all times.
That is very good to hear!
@infatuatedbby Yeah, you got to be in this world.
• Peoria, Arizona
I don't drive and I just love being honked at when I have the right away as a pedestrian. Ugh people are so care free when they drive and think they are the only ones on the road. It is rediculous.
It definitely is ridiculous to honk at pedestrians. I will only honk if they're j-waking or pop out of no where and I'm at a high speed. I will slow down but they should know better.
• Peoria, Arizona
@infatuatedbby Well yeah since j-walking is illegal XD But both people drivers and pedestrians should be paying attention. Both have laws, both should follow.
@tech40 (9726)
Haha yeah that's correct I noticed that too on roadways, specially when the stop light turning red. all of them are keep on hitting the gas just to pass by!
It's dangerous to run red lights. Many people have no patience!!
@ricki_911 (19854)
• Toronto, Ontario
I notice when the weather turns warm a lot of people tend to get ridiculous with driving.
Here it's opposite, when it's sprinkling everyone freaks out! Imagine when it rains here! I minimize driving when the weather is wet out.
Most that I have seen driving badly are those who are technologically engaged. Perish the thought I drive the speed limit because they makes drivers really mad at me.
Many people don't care they could be fined for using their phones or gadgets! I see them do it all the time!
People are way to impatient and always have their hand on the horn it seems. It really irritates me. I rarely beep at anyone. I can't even think of the last time I did honk at someone its been so long.
I do honk but given a reasonable time frame and I know it is clear. But there are many impatient people.
That is why there are so many car accidents.
I agree. Many people need to be patient when it comes to driving. Just because the light turns green, it does not necessarily mean you take off. There may be reasons why people can't drive right away when it's green (someones walking, cars running a red light, traffic ahead, something in front of the car, etc). Yes - there are times when people blank out and it's green for a while - a honk would be understandable.
I don't drive, but being a passenger means I keep my eyes on everything...I was always like that. I don't know how people sleep in the passenger seat with their feet up on the dashboard...that would drive me nuts. I sit comfortably, but alert all the time. If someone is coming at us I want to know about it LOL.
I do not understand how people put their feet up on the dashboard either. Totally unsafe and not cute! There's enough leg room as a passenger if not move the seat back, lol. Most of the time I'm observant as a passenger but I do myLot lol!
@infatuatedbby I am the GPS, so I have to pay attention - I'm far better than the electronic kind but I need to be fed properly to work.
@AbbyGreenhill That electronic kind doesn't give me enough time lol!
@CRK109 (14414)
I don't drive anymore (can't afford a car anymore), but when I did, I was like you. And yes, others don't like when we take the time to look out for pedestrians, etc. But it's too bad. These days, as a passenger, I don't pay attention anymore or I'd easily turn into a back seat driver! lol
I've noticed that the light barely has time to turn green when the guy behind starts honking...geez I always want to ask what's the emergency that you can't wait a darn second