Stockpiling for hubby

Tonight I made corn muffins to go along with a huge pot of chili. Corn bread and corn muffins are some of his favorite things.He will be taking them in his lunch this week. So after supper I made a batch for the freezer. He went to the store and got me eggs. I told him if he would do that I will make him a cake. You see how this all goes. I should not be eating any of these things. At least not in any great quantity.
I'll eat them for you.
I have often wanted to share my food with other Lotters.
@GardenGerty if only i was near, i would come knocking your door.
@toniganzon I will help you eat them! But I never stated a corn bread muffin but intend to try one day! But i am sure @gardengerty makes delicious cornbread muffins!
I iknow that too bu t some things are so good and my doctor told me I can have corn bread if I watch how much I ea t of it. chili he said is good for us. lol
Usually I overdo it on cornbread, with butter. Yes, my chili is full of good things. Everything in moderation.
@GardenGerty Do you put butter in cornbread or in and on top of it? My mom always put butter on the tops of those supermarket refrigerated rolls. I want to try and make everything homemade! do cornbread muffins even have butter in them?
Well chili is good for some people but not all--- gassy conditions make many people uncomfortable-- I myself love it BUT there has to e the least amount of kidney beans used in it cause I am sensitive to the enzymes that make up its lecithin which is the name for all plant proteins, a source of energy that is good for you if you are trying to decrease your saturated fat level in your blood
@josie_ (7409)
You freeze the dough to be bake on a later date?
No, I go ahead and bake the muffins then put them in a freezer bag. I do want to experiment with freezing cookie dough in portions to cook one or two cookies at a time.
You're such a good wife! Now he has something in his lunch all week.
@just4him I agree she is a good wife with a very lucky husband! and for whomever else she cooks!
@Marty1 It is just me and hubby now. I have cooked for college kids and grand kids and at different times one sister or another. @just4him it is an easy way to please him. If I want him to please me, I definitely need to please him too.
@GardenGerty I am just cooking for myself now.My sister wouldn't let me make the lasagna for Memorial day, but she cooked it at my house!
Who says you have to eat the love you spread by baking things and taking care of him so well ???
I love the cornbread too. I do not care for traditional cake, but this one was great. It was a mix but I used real strawberries instead of the liquid and topped it with strawberries and a homemade glaze. I think I just am not into frosting.
@GardenGerty you are making my mouth water and I have to go to bed soon . . . ugggh good topic for great dreams, SWEETS !
I suppose you might be able to start doing partial substitutes on things to make them more healthy
That is what happens when I make things from scratch. For my diabetes corn anything makes my blood sugar go up a lot.
@GardenGerty yeah and that's one I don't know of a sub for offhand.
I should also avoid to eat cakes, pastries and desserts, but I make them for my husband and I cannot resist.
If I am very active, then eat small portions, it is pretty well okay.
@GardenGerty I am very active and I do not eat too much, I am lucky with my weight.
@Gardengerty What a lucky husband you do have! Wish I had somebody to cook that for me or if I at least knew how to make it as I am trying to learn to cook!
You will have fun learning. He likes to cook for me too.
@GardenGerty My neighbor who is my friend said she will get me cooking. She told me a very easy thing that she said she would give me directions on how to make as she summarized since it was 7 pm at night i wouldn't be cooking it and it sounded delicious! I will have a ball learning!
@Hate2Iron (7967)
I have had that combination before and the two go together so well... the sweetness of the corn muffins and the spiciness of the chile is so good together!!
Yes, it is good together and I try to do it a lot.