Are you a Hypochondriac?

@millie02 (6710)
United Kingdom
This is somebody who constantly worries about their health. Over the last few years I have been turning into one. Are you a hypochondriac, what sort of things do you worry about and how do you cope with the constant worry?
I worry about loads of things so I guess I am not a hypochondriac. I mostly worry about my future, health of my family members etc.My coping mechanism is that I start hearing soft soothing kind of music and try and avoid sad songs for a while.Music generally helps in distracting me from the things I worry about.
Same here, I worry about a lot of things but I am able to forget my worry easily by playing some games and listening to music.
Harmonics and melodies often evoke a sensation in the brain that offers tranquility, or at least gives tranquility an opportunity to flourish -- good comment @jerry260188
@millie02 (6710)
Music can be a great help.
@Marcyaz (35954)
I am definitely not a hypochondriac, if I have a medical issue I call my doctor and go to see her. We talk about my illness and she generally writes me a prescription or makes some alternative suggestion.
Pssst @Marcyaz no you do not sound like a hypochondriac, that is good BUT rather than relying on a medical doctor offering either conventional (prescriptions) or alternative (natural homeopathic) how about keeping a symptom log ? If a certain stimulus like an enzyme from food, body care products, perfume, household cleaner, environmental pollutants, even your water causes some adverse reaction, note it and try not to repeat it therefore removing the possible side effects that cause you to seek medical attention from some 'professional' which you yourself can become by being aware . . .
@Marcyaz (35954)
@enlightenedpsych2 I will see if that works for me, thanks.
@Marcyaz your welcome and have a great rest of the week, ok ?
@Dena91 (3916)
I wouldn't consider my self one, though I do think about my health. I thank God that for 50 years, He has kept me healthy. I know sometime I will begin to have to deal with health issues and I'll trust Him for when those times come. I have see family members deal with cancer and dementia and diabetes, for me the worse one is dementia because of how if affects us the caregivers, them not knowing what to say or where they are or who we are. That is heart breaking. Have a blessed day
Hi there @Dena91 if those conditions are part of your family medical history and DNA just be on your toes ahead of the neurological destruction game lurking in your family tree BY making sure the neurological functions are fortified through the proper nutrition, elimination of stress, addition of good stretching like in Yoga as well as some form of aerobic cardiovascular exercise every 2-3 days. I also recommend looking into eating according to your blood type . . .
@millie02 (6710)
It is hard to see family members deal with illness.
@Dena91 (3916)
@millie02 It truly is.
Since I practice preventative maintenance to any imbalance my body should experience, I have no room for hypochondria
@millie02 (6710)
This sounds like a good thing to do, please tell us more about it.
@millie02 for starters I eat according to my Blood type, have been since I was in the hospital with a burst ovarian cyst in 2006. Too make a long story short, foods I was eating was causing a few problems as food sensitivities and a few allergies, are NOT my way of going through life. Taking care of my mind body and spirit has become a wonderful sojourn !
@shubhu3 (14147)
• New Delhi, India
I'm not a hypochondriac yet I have studied it.What all symptoms are you experiencing?
@millie02 (6710)
I seem to worry too much about everything .
@shubhu3 (14147)
• New Delhi, India
@millie02 Oh you should consult a psychologist.It will help you a lot.
@betamech (29)
I may be a hypochondriac because every time something is out of place in my body I start to think about a lot of negative and serious things and then it turns out to be a simple rash for example.
That is over-generalization leading into paranoia which can be controlled when realizing what is wrong with the body can be fixed
@josie_ (5950)
I am concern about my health and take appropriate measures to stay healthy. Worrying about it only produce negative results.