Evacuate by all means but TAKE YOUR ANIMALS WITH YOU!

Texas is experiencing LOTS of flooding, and with more rain to come, they aren't going to have it easy over the next week. I was watching the weather channel when a brief story about a trapped dog came on. I caught the tail end of it but well, a dog appeared to be chained / trapped and luckily rescuers came to the well, rescue. The dog is going to the humane society and hopefully to a loving home soon after...
@Marcyaz (35756)
I saw the pictures of Texas being flooded from all the rain, how awful when people chain dogs then leave them there. I hope this dog finds a good loving home this time. I am so glad their were rescurers.
@marcyaz There are some good people out there who love animals and will do anything for them! These people who rescued the dog from the flood have haloes over their heads!
It took several people to rescue him, but they never gave up. It IS awful to see / hear so many cases where the animals are chained up and left in horrid weather conditions. This isn't the first case and it surely wont' be the last.
@Marcyaz (35756)
@Marty1 They surely do have haloes over their heads. A to those people.
@Scribbledadnauseum I think humans are crueler than any living thing on this planet! But hopefully, since there are some good people I am sincerely hoping somebody who wants a dog that the love will be showered on the dog
There's this mom who has a kid on my son's baseball team.. she thinks I"m a complete lunatic because I told her that I don't believe an animal should have to be put down if it bites a human.. because I value the animal's life as much as a human life (more so in some cases).. she just gave me a strange look and stopped speaking to me.
@Marty1 It saddens me to hear about stories where pet owners abandon their pets like this. A real pet owner would take their animal with them, and if they couldn't they'd find someoen who COULD. I was raised that pets are not just animals but family too. @katsmeow1213 There is ALWAYS extenuating circumstances to why an animal bit someone. The animal could have felt scared, could have been abused in the past, the person they bit could have been aggressive. It's sad that animals are put down because they've bitten someone, they are only doing what their instincts tell them to do.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes, very true... Personally, I think every life is valuable whether it's human or animal.. we're no different and animals don't deserve to be treated as if they're not our equals.
@zarlamain (24531)
So true. Some people forget to take their pets with them and evacuate without them. Poor dog.
Sometimes I don't think it's a case of forgetfulness, rather a case of selfishness.
@zarlamain (24531)
@ScribbledAdNauseum At the last minute, they don't consider their own pets family. Sad.
I hate chained dogs period. What is the point of having a dog if you are just going to keep it on a chain? And then to leave it when you evacuate..... How terrible.
@NJchicaa I agree what is the point of chaining dogs. What i hate more is hunting dogs never allowed in the house and people who let their cats be outdoor cats. If you want a cat why let it stay outside? I never understood that one:(
@katsmeow1213 (29029)
If you're not going to treat your animals like members of the family then you shouldn't be allowed to have animals!
I could not have said it better myself!
Poor dog, I hope he can find a better home and a caring family.
He may be in the humane society for awhile, unless they network him out to other States / areas.
Thank god the dog will not be going back to the family that left him chained with no hope of escape. Hopefully, that family will never own a pet again.
I wonder if there is a way to register their neglect with the humane society or the aspca or something?
@ScribbledAdNauseum I did look that up and the laws state in Texas that if a chained dog is left in danger or in harm's way, then a misdemeanor will be brought against the owner.
@LoriAMoore (4874)
I saw the one with the horses trapped on a person's front porch and the owners waited until the last minute to evacuate and left the horses. Shame on them!
I didn't know they had left the horses. I saw that as well. Must have seen a different report / older report because last I saw they were all there? I don't know but the poor things!