Not Posting Any Discussion in Mylot is Fun!

CCO Public Domain
@josie_ (7881)
I am by nature not a prolific writer. It takes me a while to come up with a "discussion" to post in mylot. Today I have a lot of free time and instead of using it to produce a "well-thought out and researched post", I decided to take the road less traveled (for me) and just read and comment on the postings of other members. Conclusion? This is fun! Kermit the frog in a winter wonderland frolic (I live in the Philippines, no snow) expresses how I feel. Now that I've posted this discussion, I'm technically incorrect Image: Pixabay
Yes, you are technically incorrect! LOL
@josie_ (7881)
@marlina _I'm not "technically" minded so I'll overlook this infraction.
@OKennedy (1143)
It is nice sometimes to not have to write anything and just go around reading and commenting on other peoples shared posts and relax. I do a little digging for information when I am writing about a topic and I don't know much about it and it is a bit of work and it doesn't always pay off the way you would like it to. On a personal note I personally think that informal posts are sometimes more fun to read instead of post that are of a more serious nature.
@josie_ (7881)
@OKennedy _ Having written on other sites, it takes some getting use to the mylot format. I have to keep reminding myself this is a "discussion" site and not a writing site. I have to agree with you that an impromptu written post have it's own charm, mainly by it's spontaneity
@OKennedy (1143)
@josie_ yes that is true and it doesn't make me feel like I am getting some reading assignment from a school teacher lol.
@josie_ (7881)
@OKennedy _I mainly write to entertain not lecture my readers into boredom and disinterest. :)
I like your picture, I like less the snow. I am not a prolific writer, but I am around a lot to leave comments and discuss.
@josie_ (7881)
For people who live in the tropics where we experience two seasons (the dry and wet seasons) The snowy winter has it's allure.
@josie_ I can imagine this. We had no snow at all the past winter and it was very unusual.
@josie_ (7881)
@LadyDuck _Switzerland without snow is something I can't imagine. Don't suppose it's climate change?
I don't like to 'spread myself too thin' either. I'd sooner not post anything than try to rack my brains for something just for the sake of it. Posting 2 or 3 times a week is anough for me. Like you, I love the responding and commenting.
@josie_ (7881)
@jaboUK _It's fun and definitely easier to comment on the posts of others. Fit's in nicely with my daily chores. I also must restrain myself from writing overly long "discussions".
@josie_ Why restrain yourself? If you have something to say - go for it!
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jaboUK, Nice friend.
Well, let us not focus on this one discussion posted of yours and instead delight in all the reading and commenting. I am one of little-posting too.
@josie_ (7881)
@Corbin5 _I usually write long posts. This one "discussion" is more like a tweet.
@brokenbee (8048)
I haven't posted for quite some time but I am here trying to interact with other members...
@josie_ (7881)
@brokenbee _Hopefully the writing muse or writing bug will leave me alone for a while so I don't have to think of a topic to write about.
@Lucky15 (33698)
Yeah. And still having fun despite none
@brokenbee (8048)
@Lucky15 yup it's still fun when there are amazing people who we can interact with.
@crossbones27 (21403)
• Redlands, California
That is why Mylot is better because all those other sites go by what you as an individual do not the contributions you make to other people. Only if the rest of the world worked like that. Also a concept many people on here have yet to grasp.
@josie_ (7881)
@crossbones27 _ Mylot fit the concept of what a community should be like. Hopefully more people will join not only for the pecuniary gain but also for the rewarding interaction among fellow members.
• Uzbekistan
This is not a site where you're rewarded with a lot of money if you fire off one post after the other. So all's well.
@josie_ (7881)
@MALUSE _ I've notice some are not aware of that, especially the newbies. They post a lot one after the other, get few or no response then finally give up.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Love the picture. I post, but not as often as many do. I like reading what others have to say.
@josie_ (7881)
@BettyB _Kermit is a lovely character. He brings back fond memories for me.
Well , we are not required to post , just keep interacting . But to what will we interact , if no one starts a post or a discussion ?
You could always work on the other 2.9 million discussions already posted, that ought to keep everyone busy.
@JolietJake Wow , really . Well, i want at least one post a day and see if it gathers responses , because seeing them makes me so happy already .
@SIMPLYD Yeah, if you look at the group of numbers in the URL at the top of the screen, the first set of numbers represents the number of discussions that have been started here. This is discussion #2,937,131
I have been doing that for ages! I hardly post my own discussion coz i just enjoy jumping from one discussion to another of others and just interact with them. I don't post because I find it difficult. I could post and post a discussion if i wish to, but I just don't want to post for the heck of posting.
@josie_ (7881)
@toniganzon _I'm just discovering the joy of jumping from one discussion to another. Now that I think of it, perhaps that was what I had in mind when I use the image of Kermit the frog. koka
@josie_ it's way much better for me because when i post a discussion, i do it with passion. That's why it's rare.
@josie_ (7881)
@toniganzon _ As @jaboUK commented here, why restrain yourself? If you have something to say, go for it! Passion add fuel to the discussion. Just remind yourself to watch the thermostat so it does not overheat.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
More fun in Philippines and Mylot with or without post hehe.
@josie_ (7881)
@cacay1 _ Reading and commenting on other posts also keeps me up to date on the myLot activities.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@josie_ I agree with you .This time I am so busy in school and I might also be doing what you are doing commenting and interacting without posting.LOL.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
Nice to see your familiar face here! We're just starting winter here in NZ, so come on down Kermit
@josie_ (7881)
@valmnz _Glad to see many ex-bubblews members in mylot. I'm puzzle about NZ winter season in June? I always associated winter during the final months of the year.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
@josie_ we're in the southern hemisphere, opposite seasons from the north. Our summer starts December.
Lol, it takes me forever to make a post. most of the time i stare at the laptop monitor like a mylot zombie
@josie_ (7881)
@Letranknight2015 _I'm changing my method. Instead of making a post first, I'll start by commenting on other post to allow my brain cells a light workout. This would act as my writing prompt to generate possible topics to write about.
@josie_ I did that and still i stare at the discussion making thread men, im getting old
Responding or starting new discussion anything is fun here. I start less discussions and respond more generally. And now that you stated a discussion you are technically incorrect..lol
@josie_ (7881)
@vijay_It's nice to have so many responses to my non-discussion.
@josie_ yes a very interesting non discussion
@Lucky15 (33698)
Before i was like crazyin posting. But missed something--fun in interacting. Then i lessen my posting. Lol
@josie_ (7881)
@Lucky15 _I've notice you are among the more active in mylot. Can't imagine what "crazy in posting" before must have been.
@Lucky15 (33698)
@josie_ maybe i am active. That ihave to find time or.set a.time.when to check the site. Lol Crazy posting is at least 5 a day but never made 10. Lol
@zarlamain (24884)
I don't post discussions often either. Just once a while now and then.
@josie_ (7881)
@zarlamain _I'm finding my groove and settling in.
@zarlamain (24884)
@josie_ Great work!
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
i don't post discussion too everyday
@josie_ (7881)
@trivia79 _I'm beginning to see the good side of it. Commenting on other post seems more in tune to what mylot is all about.
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
@josie_ yes! and you're not thinking of self profit. because if it is you, then you have to post discussions as often as you can and it can stress you out.
@hereandthere (32810)
i need to post, too, but have been busy so just drop by to read, like, respond and comment. what's nice is we earn for what we receive regardless of where it takes place.
@josie_ (7881)
@hereandthere _I'm actually surprise at the numbers on my earnings during today's non-posting activity of commenting and liking. Not bad.
@josie_ it's nice that we participate anywhere in the site, joining in conversations.
@shubhu3 (18568)
• New Delhi, India
That picture is so cute and so is your post. That's a nice approach.
@josie_ (7881)
@shubhu3 _Thanks. It took me the shortest time to write and post this discussion compare to my previous ones,
@shubhu3 (18568)
• New Delhi, India
@josie_ Heheh it happens. :)