Enjoying my keurig

@dodo19 (32885)
Beaconsfield, Quebec
A little over a month ago, my husband got me/us a Keurig coffee maker. He explained that it was for my birthday, as I had mentioned that I thought of getting a coffee maker, but I have seen him enjoy it as well. I'll admit that I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I thought I'd get a cup of coffee every couple of days, or something like that. But now I'm realizing that I'm drinking more coffee than I thought. I'm having at least one cup a day. Sometimes even two. I'm realizing that I'm drinking more than I thought, and I'm more in the mood for it. Did you enjoy something more than you thought you originally would?
@zarlamain (24525)
My parents bought a Keurig back in January. It's a very efficient coffeemaker. I don't own one, but I can understand what the hype is over. It is a quality made coffeemaker.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It really is useful. It works really well.
@zarlamain (24525)
@dodo19 That's awesome! I really like the brand.
@zarlamain what is so special about the Keurig, coffee maker? I don't drink coffee and was wondering?
@KristenH (24099)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
My brother got me a Keurig for x-mas in 2014. I use it for tea, iced tea and hot cocoa. I love my Oster blender too.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice to have around, isn't it? It comes in handy.
I use my Oster blender a lot and I never thought that I would use it so much. It is very old now, but still love it.
@KristinH I am not a coffee drinker but at my church's festival my sister won of the same Keurig for 1 dollar ticket at a silent auction! Talk about a bargain!
I love mine. I am only supposed to drink one cup of regular coffee a day - so the machine is perfect...no more wasted coffee.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's an advantage. One cup made only.
@abbygreenhill How does the Keurig work to save coffee? I never saw one of these machines!
@dodo19 how does it make one cup only?
That is good that you are enjoying your coffee maker, we have a coffee pot brewing system and make at least 1 pot per day. Of all of the things that we've bought and use more then we thought we would, its our SUV. My husband treats it like a truck-in-training and will drop the back seat and use that area and the cargo area for hauling large things or for things that need to be protected. Even my car has a backseat that drops and you can put long things, in the trunk and then you just see them in the back seat area, we like that feature.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I can understand how that's one of the things you use more that you thought. I'm sure it comes in handy a lot.
@JUliaaacu That is a good feature to have means you never have to beg somebody with a truck to pick something up at the store for you that you recently bought!
@Marty1 He takes long lengths of cut branches to the compost area like that too, which is nice, and our son's dog travels perfectly in the back also.
@sofssu (14462)
I enjoy having coffee any time of the day. I am glad that you are enjoying your birthday gift.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I definitely am enjoying it. It's nice to have whenever I'm in the mood for one.
@sofssu (14462)
@dodo19 I hope you don't over do it.. I got addicted to coffee and had to drastically cut down a few years ago.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@sofssu I try not to have more than a cup or two a day. That's my limit.
My son bought us a Keurig for Christmas. I only used it about 5 times before it stopped working. I had my son return it so he could get his money back for it. Sad that he spent so much only not to have it work.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's a shame that you couldn't use it more. At least your son could get his money back.
@dodo19 He asked if I wanted another and I told him that although I enjoyed the 5 cups I had from it, I would be more pleased that he get his money back. He bought me a nice coffee maker the previous year and it still works well. Has a thermal carafe and keeps the coffee warm for a few hours.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@ElusiveButterfly well if you have another that works fine, then he might as well get his money back.
Sometimes. I have read that a couple cups of coffee are okay. Health experts seem to feel it can be helpful if not over done. We had a Latte this morning and it was very enjoyable.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah, overdoing it isn't always good.
@dodo19 ....Everything in moderation is a good rule.
@dodo19 I didn't want the internet. Now, what would i do without it!
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Lol. Funny how things work.
@dodo19 I agree now i make my living off the internet and read all but one newspaper digitally!
@noni1959 (3226)
I love my Keurig. When they first came out I thought they would be a waste of money and just brew a pot. Then I was given coupons to get really nice $150 Keurigs for $49. My youngest bought us both one. I got hooked. Now I have one at work too. No wasted coffee, fresh cup every time, hot tea, coffee, chocolate and I even ran water through to make cup of soup.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's one good thing about it. You can do one cup at a time. It's only recently, in the last few months, that I thought of getting one. just been more in the mood for coffee. At the time, I thought we probably wouldn't use it too much, and might turn out to be a waste, but it hasn't. It's great to have.
I enjoyed an iPod more than I thought. I got it for my birthday several years ago, and a couple years later it was stolen. But I had no idea I'd want to buy so many songs.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah, they can definitely be useful. I did enjoy having one as well. This was a while ago though. Now I just have music on my iPhone.
@xstitcher (11547)
• Petaluma, California
LOL--twenty years ago, or whenever it was--I was totally against getting a computer. Now I don't know how I'd keep in touch with people and things without it.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah, I can understand that feeling. Twenty years ago, I was a kid, my parents got a computer for the family and they each needed one for work. I didn't use our computer much, but now, having been through university and everything, things have changed.
I love both our Keurig machines, but only drink one or two cups a day. I'm enjoying retirement more than I thought I would. I thought I'd lounge around all day and have nothing much to do, but my life is actually busier and more fun than when I worked.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm glad that you're enjoying retirement. There's still lots of things to do, even for those in retirement. Or not working. In my case kids keep me busy.
Well, I think that Keurig was the perfect gift for you! My mother-in-law loves hers. You see, when you get old and are retired, and your husband is a car nut, he buys you an entry-level luxury Jaguar (which means the cheapest one). Who knew a car like that would be a dream to drive. I was never into cars and any old car would do since all I ever had was any old car, but boy did I love that one.
@dodo19 (32885)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We're all into different things. What works for some doesn't for others.