Pumpkin's Positive Post: Changes and Achievements

United Kingdom
Good morning people. I am very happy at the moment. D and I got engaged on Friday :) Judging by the number of comments and 'likes' (and other reactions) on Facebook, I'd say our friends are happy for us. We waited until yesterday to update it (you see, nothing is official until it's Facebook official :D :P ) because we wanted to tell our parents first. D asked my Dad's permission on Sunday, and told my Mum as well (actually, I think my Dad told my Mum). Then D called his parents yesterday. His Mum seemed happy enough. His Dad said "About bl**dy time!" :) The boys are happy about it. I asked D's girls. The older one said she appreciated that I'd asked and to go for it. The younger one, I don't think she ever reads her messages! I've asked the girls about going down to visit them but waiting for a reply. The older one said she'd like to spend time with us and get to know me but I'm not sure that's true. I do think it would be a good idea to get to know the girls before I marry their Dad though. Other good stuff - I've finished studying. I'm now waiting for the final result of my English degree to find out if I've actually passed. I hope so, because I don't really want to do the assignment again! I'm also waiting for a couple of certificates for other things. One was the Employability course I did. The other is for an IT qualification. I was quite impressed with myself for that. IT and computers are a thing with which I'm not good. I expected to need a lot of help. I needed no help, and I breezed through everything. I completed a one month course in a week. Then I had just over 3 hours for the exams, which I completed in 1hr 40mins. The tutor said I'd do the first 45 minute exam in 20 minutes. I assumed he was joking. I did, in fact, take exactly 20 minutes! Now, I'm looking for jobs. It's a bit of a challenge considering that I have precisely no experience in anything other than childcare, and I am not EVER working with children again! This week is school holidays. We've spent most of the week playing games and doing housework. Today, we are going out for the day. We're going to a lovely little village in the Cotswolds called Bourton-on-the-Water. We're taking E (Mini's best friend). Hopefully, D will be coming too. He hurt his back yesterday but we're hoping he's feeling better. He wants to come so he can spend time with us, but also so he can help look after the little ones. We've got a big picnic. As the weather is not the best, we're going to do indoor things. I think we'll be visiting a model railway and a model village. There are lots of other things to do but that will depend on the cost and on whether D can manage the walking between places! Well, that's all for now. Must go. I haven't got dressed yet. I hope you all have a lovely day. TTFN
@Pankhini (492)
Great news... congratulations... god bless you and your new family... hope you find the suitable job too...
• New Delhi, India
Congratulations for the engagement
Thank you :)
• New Delhi, India
@pumpkinjam your welcome! What is TTFN in the last?
@ModernDayWriter TTFN = Ta ta (goodbye) for now (it's from Winnie the Pooh, I think :) )
@Marcyaz (35669)
Congratulations on your engagement, you must be very happy. I think it would be a good idea to meet and talk with his girls before the wedding. Have a fun day and hope you find a job real soon.