Covering the cherry tree.

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
We have had a cherry tree in our garden for several years now. In the last few years we have had a good crop of cherries on this tree , but the birds have always got to them first. So this year we have covered the cherry tree with some garden netting to stop the birds eating the cherries.
@Dena91 (4237)
That's what we do with our blueberry bushes. I don't mind sharing however those birds out number us and can clean the bush off quick. Enjoy your cherries. Have a blessed day
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
This is our first year getting cherries on our cherry tree, and yesterday the birds were out there enjoying the fruit. We have to net ours as well or we won't get any. The darn birds eat them before they ripen.
@ria1606roy (2684)
• Kolkata, India
That is a good measure to protect cherries. I love them, especially when they are in fruit cakes
i covered the fruit trees here one year. sadly, a lil bird got caught'n such, breakin' its wee wing. i've ne'er netted 'em since. i hope ya get better luck where yer't.
@Marcyaz (35670)
That is a good idea to put up garden netting to stop the birds from eating the cherries.
Yes we have had to do the same with our blueberries and raspberries, thse birds can move quickly and empty the bushes,
Good for you! Nice to feed the birds but not everything.
This is what happen to every cherry tree, if you do not put a bird net, it's impossible to eat the cherries.
@shubhu3 (14279)
• New Delhi, India
I love cherries a lot.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Smart move. Every year I say I'm going to cover my blueberries but then I don't do it.
@nomus24g (22932)
I've never seen a cherry tree...would be great if you post a picture of the same. Thanks!!
@Chungshop (2343)
Yes very good idea by using the net from keeping the bird eattng the cherry. We use also to cover the fruits fro night bats too. Also use hook for this bats Hoping to see cherry picture lo Thanks
• New Delhi, India
That's a good idea to keep birds away
@sishy7 (27647)
Great idea! I hope you get to enjoy your cherries crop this time around...