My Favorite B52s Songs: #1 "Love Shack" (1989)

Los Angeles, California
Yes, it shows lack of imagination to select the B52s biggest hit and first gold single but "Love Shack" is among my favorite all time songs period. I like it loud, very loud especially the 8:00 remix from the maxi cd. "TIN ROOF RUSTED!" yells Cindy Wilson. There is a story behind the song. "Love Shack" was inspired by a cabin with a tin roof where Kate Pierson lived and served as the band's hangout where they created "Rock Lobster." "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20, so hurry up and bring your juke box money!" That car is as big as a whale. Has anyone ever done the whole shack shimmy? "Love Shack" is the B52s at their most raucous party mode. "Love shack, baby, love shack, love baby, that's where it's at!' "BANG BANG!"
Skip navigation UploadSign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose misleadingsilhouette SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe954954 Loading.
Probably the only B-52 song I know and it's also a favorite! :-)
You are a young one after the B52 heyday. Glad you like this one.
@JohnRoberts I'm a bit of an oldies junkie but it's mostly the singles I remember from the radio. I need to branch out. lol
@puddleglum (1439)
I was hoping this would be #1. It's so much fun.
That it is.
I love the songs from the 80's
You got that right!
@LeaPea2417 (14587)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I remember that song. I liked listening to it in those days.
@marsha32 (6780)
Nowo you got to the one I know :)
• Aberdeen, Scotland
I love that song, not heard it in a while
This is a really fun song.
@Macarrosel (7641)
It's my first time to hear that song. Although it's not my kind of song but B52 singers were good.
• Preston, England
great fun video - quite daring song lyrics
It's still a fun listen all these years later.
When we moved from NJ to TN we had to stay in a rental cabin for 30 days - wating on the house closing - It was a one br (very small br) living/kit combo also very small and a tiny bathroom - us and the dog, 30 days - and believe it or not the name was Love Shack....still gives me fits when I think of those 30 days.