Malta Lights up my Day!

Malta
@Inlemay (16541)
South Africa
The long awaited greeting and a first from Malta for me, arrived today! How wonderful that people are still keen to give you a thought in snail mail, sending postcards from such wonderful travel destination, with beautiful stamps. I feel very special as I know many other people feel that way too. Thank you Barry for your efforts and just for sending me this lovely card from your holiday in Malta. Did you know: ~Malta is one of Europe’s smallest countries? ~They drive on the left. (Like we do) ~The Brits ruled Malta until 1964, when it became independent. ~It’s a walkers paradise, with numerous tours to take visitors along the coastline of Malta and Gozo, I have already earmarked it for a visit - Hopefully before I'm too old! ~ Hagar Qim, which dates back some 5,000 years, is the best preserved ancient limestone temple on Malta. AMAZING! I hope you all like my postcard with a little information on the beautiful place of Malta. Its on my bucket list too!
• Denmark
I haven't been to Malta but I knew nearly all the facts. After all, it's a European country. I think, only San Marino and the Vatican are smaller. From the photos I've seen, I know that the streets are very steep. I don't know how Maltese with heart conditions walk through the towns.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
I suppose they have Verpa's for them to ride. I have a story about my fat sister in Italy trying to go up hill on a vespa - Good laugh
• Denmark
@Inlemay To be honest, I don't see 80-year-old women going uphill or downhill on Vespas.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
@MALUSE ha ha - well that is my laugh and not a ha-ha wall of any kind.
It sounds like a lovely place to visit I always wanted to travel and see Malta for myself and perhaps one day I may.. t
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
well perhaps for me too - who knows
@Inlemay hope you can get to visit Malta soon
i can see why such'd be so :) i fear my days'f wantin' to travel've passed. gettin' postcards from far'way places'd be jest the ticket fer me. most fascinatin' that the limestone's stood through the test'f time. 'round here, such melts, lol.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
i love to explore the little places of the world
@Marcyaz (35869)
The postcard is beautiful and the information is of importance also. Just in case someone is wondering where to vacation they might just pick Malta for that vacation.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
it sounds like a great place to holiday at
@Marcyaz (35869)
@Inlemay It certainly does sound like a good place to Holiday at.
@Asylum (48355)
• Manchester, England
It can be enjoyable looking around for appropriate postcards, which I had not done for decades until recently. This was always an integral part of a holiday in the past, which many of us forgot due to social media and email.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
I love this part of a holiday - sending greetings and making my friends a little envious of me for a while. he he - I love the postcard. It was delivered on a day I needed a little sunshine from somewhere else.
@Asylum (48355)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay It came as quite a surprise to me that the resorts still carry such a decent variety.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
@Asylum I know - I have noticed many a small place have no postcards anymore, i noticed that in Botswana as well - like they dont believe the tourist still post snail mail. Well I think its marvelous to be able to still do this and I send to anyone that likes the idea.
so many places to travel too, so little money to travel with
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
So little time to save the money to travel - I doubt if there is someone in the world that has seen it all
@Inlemay I cant see how, too many places
@thelme55 (13073)
I have read a lot of beautiful things about Malta. That postcard is beautiful Thanks for the history lesson of Malta.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
I think the sea views would be my favourite
@thelme55 (13073)
@Inlemay mine too. I love watching that kind of view.
@RubyHawk (21001)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Malta sounds like an interesting place to visit, wish I could.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
the whole idea of blogging is to see travel through anothers eyes, that means you are traveling but Virtually
@pgntwo (20267)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It has a lot going for it as a holiday destination.
@Inlemay (16541)
• South Africa
I believe its the 48th happiest place in the world - now thats good for holidaying
Malta sounds like a pretty little country to visit.