Bad Memories Returning

@miniam (9233)
Bern, Switzerland
Sunday im going to see a former friend who had a stroke and is now on a wheelchair. Last time l visited things did not go well,she told me where to go out and she`d pick me up. On my way back the conductor came in and told me the ticket was not valid,l was 1 station too far so he demanded a payment of $2.Me being me,l said no.He refused to let it go and l refused to pay,it could not be wrong,because l bought the ticket at a counter and told them clearly where l was going. The situation got out of hand so he locked the carriage so l could not leave and called the police (the idi**)they asked politely l pay but l still stood my ground.Im like that,when l believe im right, l cant be swayed. So they took me to the station In the end,l had to pay $40 for admin fee otherwise it could have been $150.But since l was right,the admin still had to be paid by me. That was some years ago but today l thought of it and just laughed at my stubborn head, it has put me into trouble in the past.
I've stood my ground a time or two. It's not always healthy to do so though. Now that I recall, it was downright dangerous. Standing with my 5' 2" frame next to a 6' 4" man and telling him that if he felt it would make him feel like a man to hit me then go ahead and swing. Yeah that was not a bright move. But, he did walk away, yelling at me until he was out of sight.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
Lol that was sure not a bright idea of the day.But we always look back and think that was dumb and dangerous.Glad he chose not to flex his muscles and show you he`s a guy.
@miniam I stood my ground. Had fire in my veins to make me stand taller than I was. Never cross a Leo, they bite.
@sol_cee (16921)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Some years ago today, are you still the same person?
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@sol_cee Unfortunately im still the same most of the time
@sol_cee (16921)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Oh my - I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you. That was annoying that you had to pay that even though you were right.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
I sometimes wish l were different too.
I would have just paid the $2.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
I know,that has always been my problem, if l feel im right, l do not think of the consequences.It`s not as if l did not have enough money with me, it was just me being stupid.
Sometimes standing your ground is more important than the cost.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
I know but sometimes when you look back,you wish you could do it all over.Last year on vacation, a bank refused some of my money saying they were not new enough l know how dog-eared most of their money is, l stayed quiet,when she gave me their currency, l demanded my money back because i was angry,the money she gave me was 100x older than my money. .Took my money, went to the bank next door and changed,l lost $24 due to exchange rate difference,was not very a happy lady.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Strange that the whole thing started with an error by the person who sold you the ticket.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
the error was from them but since i refused to pay the 2 then go and claim it later( excuse me? go to claim 2 and pay 6to go there?)l had to pay the admin fees.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@miniam There are times I just say "Yes, Sir," or "Yes, Ma'am." I'll make things right later.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@TheHorse And there are times i find it really hard to say yes.
I wonder what happened to that guy who asked you two dollars more? I find it unfair that they had to win either way even though you were RIGHT. what ever that station is, I'd rather stay way.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
It was a little station near to Lucerne Switzerland.
@miniam wow unbelievable even in that country, some degree of corruption also happens.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Letranknight2015 Corruption exist everywhere.But this was not corruption,l think he was a new conductor and did not know what he was doing.
Sometimes you have to stand your ground. For that amount and the trouble it caused, not to mention the embarrassment, I would have given in.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
You can be sure there was totally no embarrassment at all,l knew l was on the right.
@miniam Sometimes fighting stupid people is not worth the effort, but I'm glad you have the guts!
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@DianneN You`re right, sometimes there are things not worth fighting for.
Oh my goodness you look a lot like my husband, when he is right, he is right, no question that he accepts to change his ideas.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
And it`s not nice, l know l would not like to deal with me if the other party is wrong.
@miniam I have to say that sometimes it's hard to deal with my husband, but I am very good to keep my calm.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@LadyDuck That`s the right thing to do,keep calm and find some other time to try and talk it over again.
@Wordly1 (477)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
I know it sounds dumb to most people, but, I'm with you, Val. . If, throughout history, everyone always 'paid the two dollars', we would all be living in slavery today. May those who have ears listen...
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
I know and it sometimes do not go into my brain that some people give up so fast
@Wordly1 (477)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
@miniam Many people nowadays lack character and sacrifice their pride for the easy way out, then, vilify the few who are willing to stand up for themselves.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Wordly1 Honsetly, sometimes standing up to what is right is not worth it, like in my case it was just not worth it, but to me, right was right and no exception.
I'm glad you can laugh at it today. Though $2 is better than $40.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
Back then, l kept thinking how stupid l had been.But, I`d still do it the same,right is right.It was not a question of the $2, it was a question of right or wrong to me.
@miniam True.
@LoriAMoore (4675)
My goodness, that really is a lot of trouble to go to.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
If l had only agreed to pay the $2, but why should l when i had a valid ticket?
@PainsOnSlate (20422)
I guess i won't be stubborn in the future if that happens to me. The two bucks sound a lot better than $40. I probably would have argued too, if they gave you the wrong ticket it should be their fault.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
And this was the reason l refused to pay the $2,why should l pay if they made a mistake.But in the and l was a real loser.
@Lucky15 (33718)
Well..at least younstood.on your.ground
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
I always stand my ground then sometimes regret.
@MGjhaud (20679)
what was the admin fee for?
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
Because they had to write a report
@Teep11 (7121)
That was a lot to go through for 2 dollars. Sometimes that's how it is but we live and we learn.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
Alot to go through? this happened at about 9pm,the whole process with the cops and what not, it was past 1am when l finaly got home although l should have been home latest 10pm
Some memories are better left forgotten.