Doing a sacrifice for a love one is not easy

@ida123 (6277)
Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, the hardest part of our life, doing some sacrifices for our love ones. Do you remember on my previous post that I sacrifice sometimes of my cravings on food? I'm still doing that because of some restrictions of foods to my husband and my son, good that my son has little restrictions compared to my husband. He can't eat oily foods or fatty foods, low salt, no sugar and many more. So, what I did, I only prepare fiber foods such as veggies, no oil added when preparing and low salt for us. But when I came to my parents house, I eat foods which are prohibited to my husband. You know friends, I shade off 10 pounds now from the last time I weigh, that is due to low salt and no oil or fatty foods taken. And this is the only good compliment I thought that I get from sacrificing with him. How about you, do you sacrifice something for your love ones? How do you take it?
@ilocosboy (34393)
But its worth the sacrifice isn't it? You serve and give love to your love one.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, my sacrifice is worthy enough.
@ilocosboy (34393)
@ida123 heroes don't always wear cape or maskara
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ilocosboy That is true, some wear and some not.
I have always liked to be thin, so I have always sacrificed some kinds of food not to gain weight, but it's worth the sacrifice.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, it's one of the advantage of sacrificing ourselves especially our intakes. So proud of you friend.
@ida123 You must be proud of yourself too, I know it's hard to lose weight.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck That is true, you have to sacrifice everything especially the cravings you have to fight and also the kind and preparing the foods.
I should go on a more healthy diet soon.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Are you overweight now? if yes, be sure to do it soon for no farther complications.
@ida123 not to bad but don't always eat the healthiest.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 So pick the healthiest one.
@magallon (17390)
The sacrifice that i have done for my family is working hard to earn money for the their needs. Working hard for us to survive.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
i also did that before when my children were still studying, all of us are doing some sacrifices for our love ones for the betterment of our family
@magallon (17390)
@ida123 That's correct.
@Macarrosel (7598)
Why your son and husband being restricted to eat those foods? My husband has diabetes but he eats everything but in moderation. Well, he has his medication including insulin for his diabetes.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
my husband has many complications now brought from his diabetis like he's heart ailment
@antonbunot (9517)
• Calgary, Alberta
Wow, you lost 10 lbs.! Do you think you still need to lose more weight? If you do, I can suggest a good way to lose weight.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
yes, i did lost 10 pounds
Congratulations for helping out your husband that way. And the good bonus came out of this: you lost 10 pounds.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
yes, it's really good that i help him that way and besides, losing 10 pounds in my weight is a big bonus
I did a lot of sacrifices for family sake. But I need to do it for the sake of saving the family.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, we did sacrifice for a reason and we have plenty of that and I know also your reason, to save your family, good enough and very much appreciated.
@ridingbet (40098)
but with our age, we should already cut down on too much salt, too much fats, and too much sugar in our diets. it helps our bodies get healthy as well.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
indeed and that is the restricted food list of my husband
@ridingbet (40098)
@ida123 so, do you have dietary restrictions now?
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ridingbet no, only my husband
@Yar_Joey (3312)
I take less sugar and less salt, and that is sacrifice for me. I sacrifice for my health and I know somebody also sacrifices for me and I am glad she is there for me
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is what a real love means, sacrificing for the betterment of our love ones. Hope, that day will come soon.
@Yar_Joey (3312)
@ida123 Yes and I cant wait for that day
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Yar_Joey Just pray for that friend.
@Lucky15 (33617)
I have..quitting job for my father. ;) but no regrets
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
reine, does your father is still alive?
@Lucky15 (33617)
@ida123 he has been gone for almost 10 years
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
you quit your job, you've sacrifice your life for your father but you're happy of what"ve done. at least, you made that decision for your love father
@Raine38 (9030)
I was not able to read your previous - would you mind telling me why do you have food restrictions? Is it due to weight loss? My sacrifices for my family involve being away from them so I can help out in sending my siblings to school. Right now the two youngest ones are in college to be an Aircraft Engineer and a Teacher. Between me and my mom, I think we're doing just fine.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
My husband has already food restrictions because his diabetes has complicates already some of his vital organs like his heart and the doctor doesn't want him another complications like his kidney, so he advised my husband for some food restrictions and am happy also by doing such helps me shade off some pounds.
@Raine38 (9030)
@ida123 I see, he is one lucky guy then for having a very supportive woman like you by his side.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Raine38 I think if I won't do that to him, our pocket should suffer much.
Im the only one who's struggling to go on diet because of my uric acid problem. but my mom oh boy she does what she wants and cook veggies that she wants, specially the ones that are not for me to eat andmy grandma can still pretty mcuh eat she wants but not all of them. today i've eaten some heart of banana w/ lots of shrimps on it w/ two hotdogs
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
How did you prepare it? For us here, we just put some fish and lots of leaf of sayote. I thought shrimps has lots of uric, are you allowed to eat it?
@ida123 It doesn't bother her one bit. But then I remember her having uric acid herself, and took similar medication. her trick was to eat less even though she eats everything. but of course, she learned her lesson not to when one meal at a party caused her to have LBM.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I can sacrifice everything for my son. I almost lost him when he was 9 and I prayed hard to God not to take my son away. He is my life and my everything.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Indeed, we are ready to sacrifice everything for our love ones. I'm happy that God listens to your prayers and yes, He answers your prayers immediately.
@ida123 true.
@dwstory (967)
I will go without something to give my wife anything she wants.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is also your views, maybe she'll be happy for that.
@dwstory (967)
@ida123 She will also go without to get me something.
That is very kind of you to only make and serve the foods your husband can eat so you are not eating all those fatty foods in front of him tempting him. Sounds like the healthier eating is paying off since you lost 10lbs.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is true and the good effect, it helps me shading off some pounds but it is not easy to do it, keeping our cravings and not minding it all.
@acelawrites (10816)
That's the positive side of your sacrifice, you lost weight. I wish I can do it too!
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I know you did some sacrifices for your love ones but in different way
@Potorino (293)
Im earning and doing my best to get money to give education to my brother and every bit of hardwork is quite paying of atleast.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
All of us are sacrificing for the sake of our love ones, for the betterment of our life and for the family as a whole. You're a good brother and a good provider to him.
@cacay1 (32329)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Love is sacrificial....we cannot escape because of love and because we are God-fearing citizens of our land.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Indeed, friend.
Good for you to support your husband! You are better off eating healthy foods. My husband doesn't like avocados, so I eat them when out.
@ida123 (6277)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is a nice way of not letting them see of what we eat so that they will not be tempted to eat such food.