Donaghadee.

@xFiacre (7503)
Ireland
I was in Donaghadee this afternoon. We drove down to park beside the sea, eat our sandwiches and take a walk along the seafront, all things that we accomplished without mishap. I looked at the house that my grandfather used to stay in during the summer, right at the sea and looking over to the lighthouse. He and his cronies from the Boer war sat all day on a bench looking out to sea smoking their pipes and leaning on their walking sticks. They all wore flat caps and smelled like each other. We bought a couple of bags of dulse and sniffed in the sea air and felt all old fashioned, unsophisticated and good. Then we drove home.
So you 'dulsed' yourself, eh?
I'll be the first to ask - what's dulse? It sounds like you had a pleasant afternoon.
@xFiacre (7503)
@jabouk dried seaweed on which flocks of seagulls have probably pooped. Excellent stuff, rich in iodine .
@xFiacre And you eat it? Sheesh!
@xFiacre (7503)
@jaboUK Its what a trip to the seaside is all about.
What is dulse ?
@xFiacre (7503)
@tampa_girl7 Dried seaweed, and it tastes great.