Driving Me Crazy!

@UncleJoe (9926)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
In case you wonder what drove Uncle Joe nuts, it was all of life’s unanswered questions. I’ve lost so much sleep over them that somewhere along the way I seem to have misplaced my mind. Experts can’t give me satisfactory answers. Can you? How about this one. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know? Probing a little deeper, one has to ask themselves, “Where did WEBSTER find the words?” Another one that doesn’t make sense to me is why do we call it “after dark” when it is really “after light”? This one appears to break it’s own rules. Can you tell me Why “phonics” isn’t spelled fonics? Then yesterday, a new issue surfaced when I recognized the same old pattern. Why is it that I always just happen to get to Wal-Mart right after the local mental institutions has dropped off a busload of patients to do their shopping? I don’t get it.
@Platespinner (16492)
I remember being sent to the dictionary to find out how to spell pneumonia, it would have been a lot less frustrating if the teacher had at least told me that the word started with a "p" and not an "n."
• Aberdeen, Scotland
I know, a lot of words are written not as they are pronounced.
@Katlynn (377)
Seems the timing of the patients being dropped off and you being there at the same time might not be a coincidence. lol You make a good point - how would we know if the Webster's dictionary has spelled a word wrong.
Hahahaha, because walmart.
I was a teacher and taught fonics. I mean phonics. Try teaching special education students how to read and write, or is it right, the English language.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I am not with any English Background (as in native language), so I cannot answer them all... On Webster... I think they made up the words and then marketed them to be used And on the Walmart - I think the mental institutions consider you to be the Ex-Matron and so you are entrusted to keep a check of how the patients were at the shopping... Maybe they hypnotized you when in service