Don't Get Stung!

@UncleJoe (9277)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
After reading a post by @LovingMyBabies I am reminded that “bee season” is upon us once again. Having been stung more times than I can remember I can readily admit that none of them turned out to be my most pleasant experience. The worst time that I can remember was while motorcycling on the Blue Ridge Parkway with my 15 year old daughter on the back. A Wasp flew inside my helmet and stung me in my left temple. A wave of darkness slid from left to right across my vision and I barely got stopped before I was completely blind. That only lasted for about 30 seconds but it still hurt like crazy. Now I am almost paranoid about stinging insects. That made me research a little deeper so avoid the pain. Studies have revealed that a single bee is not very aggressive. It’s when they fly in pairs that they seem to be meaner. Yet, just seeing one doesn’t mean it is alone. The other may be close by. So, when you see one, remember the words of William Shakespeare, “Two Bees, or not two bees! That is the question!”
@Platespinner (16791)
Groan....
Double groan...
@Lolaze (2946)
How about not two bees...or any bees for that matter! I know they help the flowers and we'd be in trouble without them...but I hate those little guys. My best friend is deadly allergic to them and I haven't been stung in so long I'm afraid what might happen if I were to be stung.
@Genipher (5166)
Do you like honey?
@UncleJoe (9277)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Genipher I love my honey. Her name is Becky.
@Genipher (5166)
@UncleJoe Aww, that's so sweet!
I wondered why you changed to bees half way through, but you had that ulterior motive - so it would fit your terrible joke
@UncleJoe (9277)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
What can I say? It ain't easy being me.
• Riga, Latvia
Definitely not two bees @UncleJoe I run from stinging insects. I have a real fright of them Happened when I was four in my grandma's garden a bumble bee stung me in the ear and grandma had to pull it out. OUCH!
@thesids (22367)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Yikes. Am sure, it was more painful than reading it here
@GreatMartin (4311)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I must not be sweet--I don't remember even a mosquito biting me!!!
Oh my goodness, I cannot even imagine the pain you went through! Everyone laughs at me for running but i am trying to avoid pain.
@Katlynn (377)
Love your play on Shakespeare's famous line lol I would have been terrified riding on a motorcycle and a bee getting under my helmet. I once had a bee fly inside my car was I was driving and without thinking, I quickly pulled into a parking lot and got out. Sadly, I forgot to put the car in park lol I managed to get back in the car before it rolled back in the road.
• Portland, Connecticut
We have been seeing a lot of yellow jackets lately on our deck, they must have a hive nearby, time to go looking for it and ask them politely to move.
lol very funny but yes I am being bombarded by bees at times. I just crush them as quickly as possible, before too many get in.
@thesids (22367)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I am not sure about bees, but yes, I am scared of many insects.
Thank you for the warming. Will be on alert. Thank you for Mr. Shakespeare's bee quote! What a guy!
@zarlamain (24383)
I remember when I was a little kid waiting in line at school when I screamed because a bee flew near me. It flew past me and made it way through the line making everyone scream.
@Genipher (5166)
I've been paranoid about flies ever since last year, when I woke up with one buzzing around in my ear.
I might have wrecked if suddenly I had a bee in my helmet!
At least I learned something just before I sighed. And lol! Thanks. I needed that.