Give Me The Original

@irishidid (8523)
My daughter and I watched the 2015 remake of Poltergeist tonight and while it had some good elements I felt that they rushed through the story. It seemed to be missing what would have made it a contender of the original. I did like some of the special effects, but they were few and far between. I think that today's technology with FX they missed the mark by not utilizing it more. Was glad to see the son take on a bigger role in this version. I just wish they had combined some of the old ideas with the new.
@Wordly1 (478)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
There is nothing that irks me more than 'movie remakes'. Whatever was wrong with the original to begin with? When it already made millions if not billions at the box office and in market sales(VHS, cds, Blue Ray, etc). This seems to be happening more nowadays and mainly to satisfy the PC Police and the Race Baiters. I, for one, refuse to watch them. I guess you could say that I'm fighting my own Revolution against these idiots.
@irishidid (8523)
Agree. My daughter had been wanting to see it so that's why we watched. I really wish they would do something new and quit with the remakes and reboots. As a writer, I know there are stories and books out there that haven't been touched on-like mine for instance!
@Wordly1 (478)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
@irishidid I love reading, mostly action novels. If I had a nickel for the many books that got me thinking "Why couldn't they make a movie or a tv series out of this?", I'd be rich. Soooooo.......you have a book...do tell...Is it published? On the market or on Amazon?
@irishidid (8523)
@Wordly1 On Amazon under my name same as here.
I have no interest in seeing this one as I have seen the original so what's the point of another remake. Of course it's new for a young person like your daughter.
@irishidid (8523)
Other than the special effects being better, the story wasn't that great. One difference was the son was less of a wuss in this version.