No eggs please

By C
@ShyBear88 (17427)
I have taken out eggs from my 16 month old baby's diet. His eczema has really improved as well as washing all the clothes back in All detergent. We are gone almaot 100% peanut free. We keep peanut better only in the house and that is up high ans put away for only mommy and daddy can get it. Ive been looking for food and treats for all of the kids to eat. I found oatmeal muffins, freach toast, pancakes. I have to go the gluten free way so it covers both nuts and eggs.
Going gluten free is not only difficult but it's also pricey. Good Luck.
@irishidid (8563)
It's also unnecessary unless a person has celiac disease.
@irishidid I have heard it ca nbe beneficial for those with diabetes as well...
@irishidid (8563)
@ScribbledAdNauseum They recommend screening children with type 1 diabetes for celiac disease as both are autoimmune diseases. They share a genetic link.
@Jdaw1985 (4003)
• Harrells, North Carolina
I have always wondered how that would work for some one that had to do that.
@ShyBear88 (17427)
You either make your stuff and find recipes that are changed to fit people with those allergies. Gluten free stuff tends to cover it all. We pretty don't cook anything in eggs or any nuts for that matter and read lables supper close. Never kn my whole life thought we would have to do this with our own kids.
@Jdaw1985 (4003)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@ShyBear88 Oh yeah I'm sure. Do you find it hard some times to look up things to cook and look at the labels?
@ShyBear88 (17427)
@Jdaw1985 Neither are hard I just don't always have the time. If we buy things I do take the time to read the label to make sure that my kids can have it. It can be harder to find things to make myself because I have to read down the list what is all in and if we have which more then likely we do not so then I have to see on how to get it because somethings I have never heard of and never cooked or baked with before. I try to find something really simple when it comes to me making it and things that we would normally have in the house like oatmeal.
@CRK109 (14465)
Sounds great that things are clearing up! Pretty soon this will all be so routine that you'll forget you ever had all that other stuff in your diet at all!
@ShyBear88 (17427)
I already don't eat peanuts some times I'll eat them but not something I buy regular. I do have peanut butter in the house but the kids don't ask for it. Eggs is another thing we don't eat much of at all unless someone wants it but there is eggs and nuts in a lot of things so I have read things before I cook or buy them.
@CRK109 (14465)
@ShyBear88 When I was working with children, I always had to be so careful about checking who had what kind of food allergies. The teachers would sometimes want to bring treats in for the kids on special occasions so I would have the parents fill out forms for me so we were sure of what was safe and what was not. And it worked out very well. Many times the parents of the children with food allergies actually brought in the snacks so everyone was safe!
@ShyBear88 (17427)
@CRK109 I, going to start being my own treats for the kids jusr in case. When we go places. It'lol suck but then I won't worry about one of the, having a reaction. Neither have deadly reactions but just bad enough to cause rashes.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
oh my gosh how many allergies are we talking about here?
@ShyBear88 (17427)
walnuts, peanuts and eggs. My oldest has a walnut allergy and my youngest has a peanut and egg allergy he might have more allergies but these are the one we know of that have show up on his blood allergy test.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
@ShyBear88 oh my gosh, good thing you watch out for stuff in food. They are lucky to have a mama like you
@ShyBear88 (17427)
@IvySaysHi not to long ago we went threw our daughter had a reaction to the granola we had in the house. I found out that it they may contain walnuts, and peanuts in them from the factory.
@MGjhaud (20737)
my nephew has skin asthma and we avoid showing him anything sweet, eggs, etc.. its a good thing that your kid's skin problem is now under control.
@ShyBear88 (17427)
We are trying to control but eczema isn't allergies it is a genetic and most all little kids from Britta to age 5 or so have it to different degrees. Kids with bad allergies get eczema very badly which is a sign of food allergies. We have done some heavy reach search on this. He has a peanut and egg allergy which nearly everything these days are made around or with both.
@irishidid (8563)
Someone in your family has celiac disease?
@ShyBear88 (17427)
No. Both me and my gain and have food allergies and intolerance and so do two out of our three kids. I'm sure my middle son has a milk protein allergy but we haven't had him tested we just don't offe him milk that often or at all for that matter.