Love Superstitions

@magallon (17750)
Do you believe in superstitions? We live in different countries, with different culture. But somehow there are things which are common to us. The following are some of love superstitions, commonly practiced by some people. 1.The seventh day after a full moon is the best time for two people to fall in love at first sight. 2.11:11 came to be considered a magical time, but that doesn't stop many people from ritually wishing for anything their heart desires (including true love) 3.Putting wedding cake under your pillow will cause you to dream of your future husband, thus bringing you closer to marriage. 4.It is said that if an eyelash falls out, you should put it on the back of one of your hands, make a wish and throw it over your shoulder. If it flies off the hand, your wish will be granted. Actually, these superstitions are not known to me. And I personally doesn't believe in it. Are you familiar of these superstitions? Are you the same with me that doesn't believe in it? Or you know somebody who did it and have it happened?
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Put wedding cake under the pillow and suffer ant bites later? lol
@magallon (17750)
Funny, right? I'd rather choose the other superstitions than putting a slice of cake under my pillow. Not only ants will be attracted by the cake but maybe cockroaches and other insects. These insects will be with you on your dream too.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@magallon I'm more afraid of ants, especially the red ones, than cockroaches. lol
@magallon (17750)
@sol_cee I am the opposite. I am more afraid of cockroaches but not afraid to kill them.
@josie_ (6360)
I'm religious, does that count?
@magallon (17750)
That's right. Belief in God is the most important.
@Chungshop (2343)
Ha ha may be you too belief [supertitious] in God
@josie_ (6360)
@Chungshop _ I believe there must be a creator or "God" that cause the universe we find ourselves in. It's religious institutions that make up superstitions.
those are hilarious and i haven't heard of them yet.
@magallon (17750)
Yeah, me too. They are classified as Crazy superstitions.
@Chungshop (2343)
@magallon O don't blame them, not crazy if you are them But there are just ignorant. Time will change them . Here some still doing it, when they are sick without any reason, they thought off evil spirit, so they went to the temple asking to chase the spirit away, Then they drink water with burnt paper and bring home some lucky pack and yellow paper for the doors and rooms also.
@Chungshop (2343)
@magallon O don't blame them, not crazy if you are them But there are just ignorant. Time will change them . Here some still doing it, when they are sick without any reason, they thought off evil spirit, so they went to the temple asking to chase the spirit away, Then they drink water with burnt paper and bring home some lucky pack and yellow paper for the doors and rooms also to chase the evil spirit away.
@1hopefulman (25924)
#3 Doesn't the pillow and the rest of the bed get messy? No, I don't practice any superstitions.
@magallon (17750)
The slice of cake will really make the pillow messy. So I think it is not a good practice.
@Lucky15 (33441)
We got a lot right? Loo
@magallon (17750)
Yes we have lots of it. but those included on my discussions are not observe here.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
If someone tell me to put a piece of wedding cake under my pillow, first I will ask him, if he is the one washing my bed sheets? Then I will tell him to go and put it under his own first, and I will come to his wedding
@magallon (17750)
That's a good technique.
@Chungshop (2343)
May be 20 or 30 years ago when science was not so advance lo. Many different culture have their own believes and we think they are superstitious, but they have their reason too. Your mention the examples I never heard of, lot of these belief or superstition, many still practicing lo.
@magallon (17750)
I actually does not know if those superstitions are still practiced. I do not know either if there are people who believes in those superstitions.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
I don't actually believe in superstitions, but in the other hand, when somebody tell me something bring bad luck, I don't try it (Just to be safe)
@magallon (17750)
Sometimes something happen because of coincidence. But I think the reality of superstitions depends on your belief in it. That is, if you really believe in it, that it will really happen, then it really happens. But if not, then it doesn't happen also.