She Gave Birth in the Car!

@IvySaysHi (4344)
When I was visiting family i was super happy to spend time with my 9 month pregnant cousin. She was 6cm open when i first saw her. The hospital sent her home because she wasnt contracting anymore. I think that was really insane of the hospital they didn't even put her on bedrest. The entire time I was there we were all wondering if at any second she would have the baby. She even drove me home, a 3 and a half hour ride, and back again. I woke up today to a text from her and my mom telling me she had the baby. The twist is she had it in the car! Luckily she was already in front of the hospital. I now have a new god brother! My mom is the godmother! What is even better is he was born today, the same day as my best friend's birthday! Have you given birth or known someone who has given birth somewhere other than a hospital?
@Genipher (5166)
Yup, I've had all six of my kids at home. But it was planned and prepared for. A fly-by-birth in the car would be really uncomfortable and a tad bit scary! Congratulations on the birth of your god-brother!
@sol_cee (14386)
• Japan
I was born at home too. Envious of my hospital born siblings. Green with envy in fact. lol
@IvySaysHi (4344)
thank you
@Genipher (5166)
@sol_cee Don't get angry, sol! We won't like it if you get angry!! Why are you envious of your siblings hospital births? On a completely different note, are you stuck in the Bermuda Triangle right now?
@flapiz (4151)
Congratulations to your cousin and your family! Whew that's a very 2016 way of giving birth.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
thank you lol
Wow that is amazing! I am happy to hear it was a healthy delivery too even in the car! I do not know anyone giving birth other than the hospital. Maybe a home birth but that's it!
@IvySaysHi (4344)
i know, i was worried she'd give birth driving me home, thank god she didnt
@IvySaysHi Yes good thing she was near the hospital when this happened.
@sol_cee (14386)
• Japan
Your god brother can't be named after the car?
@IvySaysHi (4344)
no i wouldnt name him after the car
@sol_cee (14386)
• Japan
Well Ford is a cool name. So is Lexus.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
@sol_cee i dont think their car is either and she already had a name picked out
@msiduri (5757)
A friend told me about visiting another friend in the hospital. They were standing outside when a car came flying up to the emergency room entrance. A guy ran into the emergency room. She and the friend she was with wondered what was going on, since people can't park where the guy left his car. Plus, the door was hanging open. They saw a woman lying across the front seat—you guessed it. They baby's head was already out. The poor woman. They talked to her a bit until the medical team arrived. She delivered in a car in a no parking zone outside the emergency room.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
when the baby is ready you gotta be too
@msiduri (5757)
@IvySaysHi Baby's going to come whether you're ready or not.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
@msiduri exactly
@zarlamain (24527)
Congratulations to your cousin! A new addition to the family.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
thank you
@zarlamain (24527)
@IvySaysHi Your welcome!
@quantum2020 (8841)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I have never in reality; however, I watched a video on facebook of a pregnant woman and her husband. He was driving, while she was on the course of delivering. They were on their way to the hospital, but all of a sudden and while filming, the baby was delivered. The baby was crying, while the mother was wiping him and the father was all shocked by the event. The video was viewed thousands of times in minutes that day.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
i remember seeing that video too, it is a crazy situation but they handled it well
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@IvySaysHi The did it correctly.
Wowww she shouldn't have been let home at 6cm dialated!
@IvySaysHi (4344)
she said they let her go home because the contractions stopped but i agree!
Does the toilet count? I almost had my youngest daughter in a toilet because the doctors didn't believe I was going to go into labor a fast as I did. Congrats to your cousin!
@IvySaysHi (4344)
toilet indeed counts! Thank you!
Seems like they really messed up when they sent her home. The only ones I know who gave birth at home are my grandmothers, and all my other grandmothers from the past.
@IvySaysHi (4344)
well after they sent her home she didnt give birth until about 3 weeks after
I'm a retired German teacher. A pupil of mine was born on a US Air base where his father, a Hungarian pianist, had given a concert. I was born at home on my grandmother's sofa.
@Chungshop (2343)
O everything is Ok and both are safe. This kind of situation will not happen in my region lo. I never heard of the case like this.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Insane from the hospital to send her away? are you contradicting yourself here?They sent her home and you thought it was insane but it was not insane when she drove you home a 3 and half hour ride after the hospital.Was that responsible?
@IvySaysHi (4344)
I told her that it was crazy, I didn't ask her to drive me, she just did it so that my mother ,my son, and I wouldn't have to take a bus the next day that would only get us half way to my home with the tons of luggage that we had including my son's car seat. I didn't force her to take us and I wouldn't have let her if she said she felt the baby coming that day.
@durgabala (1362)
Congratulations ! My Sisters-in -law and my husband were all born at home. My MIL would tell us often how she had a safe delivery at home, with the help of a midwife, infact my 2nd sis-in-law was born breach, that too naturally. today doctors get so scared they immediately suggest to operate. I have heard of ladies giving birth in moving trains, but car, this is the first time, good she was close to the hospital.
@tech40 (9262)
Some people said it is a blessing to a car if she gave birth while on the car