A not so good day.

Chile
We have been waiting for the washing machine all morning and it hasn´t arrived. It pisses me but I cannot do anything. I will leave Leticia to recieve it should they come, but I have to go to a gastroenterologist as I have to have a colonoscopy. I have checked at the hospital where I go, but the doctor who does the procedure there wants me to drink a horrible thing every 15 minutes. My daughter told me that this other doctor uses a different poisonous liquid, so I´ll go and talk to him this evening. This is the worst procedure I know of. I rather prefer surgery with complete anethesia. I´ll tell you how it went this evening.
@Marcyaz (36147)
Why didn't you call and find out why they haven't come to deliver it yet since they told you it would be in the morning. Good Luck with your procedure.
The machine could come "any time during the day" acording to the salesgirl. Fortunatly it arrived.
@Marcyaz (36147)
@marguicha Any time during the day could be late afternoon. Don't you just hate when they say that?
@Marcyaz Yes. In fact I asked Leticia to come a little bit earlier just in case I was in the shower.
@Jdaw1985 (4026)
• Harrells, North Carolina
I would call about the washing machine and find out what is going on with it. And tell them that you scheduled for it to be there this morning for a reason. I hope all goes well with the doctor this evening. Will keep you in my prayers.
It arrived after lunch, while I was at the doctor
@Jdaw1985 (4026)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@marguicha Was the some one there to get it or are they going to have to bring it back out? How did it go at the doctors?
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I have been dealing with that colonoscopy since years now. once almost every year. The liquid they give you here needs to be diluted in 2 liters of water (they have two sachets with different flavor for the two liters if you want). Normally, they ask you to have it in some soda (like 7 up or its kind). And this liquid what it does is - it cleanses off the colon making visibility via the periscope (or whatever it is called) clearer. During the colonoscopy procedure (once your colon is all cleaned), they will give you an anesthesia otherwise it gets too unbearable. And medically, if you are infected or not, they say, after 40 years (some say 45 years), colonoscopy should be done at least once a year to keep a check for various ailments including Colon Cancer. Hope your experience is better than mine.
I managed to have an old thing that is not in sachets. Then I can drink it (3 of them) with 1/2 Seven Up each and drink fresh water in between. No need to drink liquid poison every 15 minutes. I will see how it all goes. I have had small polyps so I must check them.
Not all that bad. for me was a piece of cake.You will be fine.
THank you. I will have the procedure next week, after my birthday. I insisted.
Well, I have heard that just drinking the liquid is the worst part of the whole thing. I would think by now they could come up with a more pleasant way to check one's colon.
I was told by the doctor that the new way was in fact worse than the old method. So, as the doctor was nice, I asked for the old liquid.
@koopharper (6032)
I've never heard of anyone enjoying a colonoscopy. I hope goes well for you and I hope your washing machine arrives today as well.
Thank you. This colonoscopy will be better than others as I got a doctor who uses other cleansers for people who cannot stand the normal one.
• Raipur, India
Poisnous liquid? What kind of liquid is it? And I hope everything goes well for you.
It is a cleansing liquid. I call poison anything that doesn´t suit me.