my cellphone has a virus

OK, all you techy, guru types, help me out. My cellphone has picked up a virus. The Android process keeps stopping. It is a tracfphone not worth repairing but I have a lot of apps on there I don't want to lose. I have taken the battery out and put it in several times, and seems to help some but the virus keeps coming back. If I put it on factory reset I will lose my all my apps! Help!
@tech40 (9260)
Android is an open source phone, and they can be hacked or virus that's why I dont like android, but if i'm in your position the only solution that can help me is to do a factory reset
Oops. That's one reason why I don't use an android phone. Never experienced having a virus on my phone ever at all from the time I started using a smart phone. I guess you just have to factory reset it and redownload the apps. Good luck!
@zarlamain (24525)
I hope you get this matter solved somehow. I've never had a virus in my phone before.
@ricki_911 (19430)
• Toronto, Ontario
I would assume the only way to do it is factory reset.
That would be a real problem because I have a lot of apps on there I don't want to have to re download. I am hoping for more advice. I have anohter battery that fits this phone. I might try that.
@ricki_911 (19430)
• Toronto, Ontario
@snowy22315 Not sure if the battery will help. Possible contacting a local company may be able to tell you.
@ricki_911 well I dont know either....but as I said, having to download all the apps again would be annoying. It is a tracfone, there is no "local" company..jus their customer service, which is not always helpful. Some techy guy on here might be able to shed some light on this
@MGjhaud (20741)
sorry but in that case, sounds like factory reset is the only resolution.