No Charges for Mother in Gorilla Case

By Lola
@Lolaze (3164)
The mother of the 3 year old who fell into the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo, prompting the killing of the gorilla to rescue the child, will not face any child endangerment charges. This was announced today by the local county prosecutor. It was revealed that the mother had 3 children with her in addition to the 3 year old, who distracted her and caused her to turn her back on the child who then climbed into the enclosure. A witness is reported to have overheard the child telling his mother he wanted to go in to the moat and the mother telling him that no he wasn't, before she was distracted by the other children. What do you think, has the county prosecutor made the right decision?
I think she should be a better parent than that. I would never bring my 4 children to the zoo without someone else with me. As one person you cannot possibly keep an eye on every child at every single moment. But that's why you should bring someone with you to help. I don't know about the county prosecutor's decision but I think the mother should have made better decisions...
• Springfield, Missouri
@coffeebreakwhatever I agree, artic also have stated that the gorilla had acted like this because he felt intimated and wanted to scare the audience.
I agree with that statement @LovingMyBabies bringing another adult would of been the wiser choice to make BUT no one can really tell a parent how to raise the children even if it is good advice . . . some scoff at the audacity !
@Amel94 (1741)
• Serbia
No he did not, shame him. Poor gorilla is killed and she was not guilty for that what happened. Mother of that child is guilty..
If I had several children, I would ask someone to go with me or I would not go to dangerous places. I would at least fine her.
@norcal (3213)
• Nevada City, California
A zoo should not be a dangerous place.
@Yar_Joey (3296)
The child was killed by the gorilla, am I correct? I think it was right that the mother was not prosecuted but she should be given some punishments for turning her back to that child who fell off the den. The gorilla#s instinct is, an animal instinct and maybe this gorilla felt endangered with the kid inside.
@Lolaze (3164)
No, the child was minorly injured and the gorilla was killed by zookeepers in order to save the child.
@UncleJoe (11310)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yes, the wrong decision was made. They should have shot the zookeeper.
@norcal (3213)
• Nevada City, California
I don't understand why the enclosure was not made in such a way that a child could not get in. Many children visit the zoo; animal cages should be designed to keep animals in and people out!
Yes I do believe the county prosecutor made the right decision to NOT warrant the child endangerment charges and delete them BUT she should still be held somewhat financially responsible for having had to make authorities decide to kill an endangered species of primate, 17 years old no less . . .
@zarlamain (24874)
It would've been best to have other adults help her with the kids or just have only one or two kids with her at the zoo.