World Oceans Day

Two Oceans meet - Cape Agulhas
@Inlemay (16559)
South Africa
Waking up to a fine cold morning, hoping to get a few minutes more in my warm snug bed was not to be . . . my hubby is off on a Course today and I am celebrating with everyone on this Global MyLot network - World Ocean's Day! Inspired by my hubby I had to do a little research on the matter as the news has been broadcasting this World Ocean's day since early this morning: "World Oceans Day has been unofficially celebrated every 8 June since its original proposal in 1992 by Canada at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.[1] It was officially recognized by the United Nations in late 2008.[2] It has been coordinated since 2003 by The Ocean Project, with greater participation each year." The Purpose of this day in a nutshell: "World Oceans Day is an annual observation to honour the world's oceans, celebrate the products the ocean provides such as seafood as well as marine life itself for aquariums, pets and a time to appreciate its own intrinsic value. The ocean also provides sea-lanes for international trade. Global pollution and over-consumption of fish have resulted in drastically dwindling population of the majority of species. World Oceans Day also provides a unique opportunity to take personal and community action to conserve the ocean and its resources." I have a wonderful photo of myself and hubby at the Cape Agulhas point where Two Oceans meet in the Southern waters of Africa. The Indian Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean. How brilliant is that - we get to see two oceans at the same time. Today you are challenged to show the myLotters the ocean you know best and something about it. Give us a Trot of the Globes Oceans. #educatealittle Have a wonderful day.
@ison_1 (1252)
Morning Lany, love that photo, technically I guess you could say you are 'oceans apart'.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
Witty on this Wednesday morning - good morning to you
@ison_1 (1252)
@Inlemay Is it this weekend you are bowling against the ex-Springbok? I hope you are working on your b*tch attitude
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@ison_1 yes its on Saturday and dont remind me, I am trying to get my wits together - I will just have to dust of the B*tch a little, she is there.
@WorDazza (10105)
• Manchester, England
World Oceans Day eh? I'll have to sea what I can do to celebrate!!! Did you sea what I did there??? I know, I know, don't give up my day job!!!!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
There is a C in ocean and I hope to see your sea soon
I have to sea too if I can find a photo of an Ocean.
@topffer (34162)
• France
Shame on me! I lived several years near the Atlantic Ocean, and I have not a picture of it on my HDD. Maybe is it because I never went to a strategic place like the one on your photo
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
shame on you indeed! we take being in places for granted the photos we capture remind us, that our time there is just fleeting - My hubby even went and had a swizz pee pee in the two oceans - I have it on video, we had so much fun
@topffer (34162)
• France
@Inlemay It was looking like a so beautiful wild place... before your husband went there.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@topffer oh its wild and the waters are rough, and I nearly lost him for a moment and thought I was richer than ever, then he came up from the rocks again - sigh! ha ha ha ha ha we laugh about that often
That's a great photo. We experienced seeing two seas (not oceans) meet at the most Northern tip of Denmark - the North Sea and the Baltic sea. I don't have a photo of it, but here's one taken on a cruise - infortunately I can't remember where we were.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
thats a cool yachting photo of the sea - Thats a Thailand Flag on the front
@Inlemay Aha - now you've jogged my memory. It wasn't a cruise at all but a boat trip that we took when we were in Thailand.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@jaboUK there you are - FLAGS are very good in identifying a place or a boat.
I know that I do not have photos in digital format. I have to check if I have one that I can scan. Of the 5 existing I have only seen 2, the Atlantic and Pacific.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
I have been fortunate to see the Indian and Atlantic but none of the others except many SEAS - like Mediterranean, Black Sea, Aegean Sea, North Sea, Sea of Marmara
Westernmost European point - Portugal Cabo De Roca.
@Inlemay I have seen the Pacific and many seas, the Aegean is part of the Mediterranean as it is the Ligurian and the Sea of Sardinia and Sicily. I have seen the Caribbean sea, The Bay of Byscay, The English Channel and the Gulf of Venezuela. Here is a photo of the Atlantic Ocean from the Westernmost European point. It is in Portugal, Cabo de Roca.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@LadyDuck Oh that is lovely - thank you for sharing it
I missed this lovely, day, what wonderful photos!!!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
thank you honey Jessica
@JESSY3236 (6537)
Happy Oceans Day!!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
thanks Jessica
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
I equally love our coasts on the Tasman Sea and those on the Pacific Ocean.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
We are also fortunate to have some beautiful coastlines and beaches, I think those between islands like our False Bay in CT between Robben Island and the Mountain is also long stretches of beautiful white sand.
That's a lovely photo of the two of you.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
thank you, and the rock took the photo (all propped up with a timer) - and John's comment below had me in hysterics so I used it for my FB today - thanks @ison_1
Happy world's ocean day, hard to believe we no more about the moon then the deep ocean.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
you are right - so we need to celebrate the things right under our noses