Will It Finally Fit?

@LeaPea2417 (21565)
Toccoa, Georgia
My husband and I have used the same Dentist for over 25 years. The Dentist and his assistants are top notch in their profession. In the past couple of months, the Dentist's son (who also is a Dentist) just joined the practice which is nice because the son has a focus on Root Canals. It used to be that before the son joined the practice, if my husband needed a Root Canal, he would be referred by our Dentist to another one in another town who specialized in it. So, my husband would have to drive 30 minutes to have the procedure done. Now, that the main Dentist's son specializes in Root Canals, it makes the procedure a lot easier to have done. But, the oddest, weirdest thing has happened with this last Root Canal my husband had to have done,, Once the procedure was finished, the Dentist had to make a mold for the crown and have it sent off for construction. My husband went to have it set onto the tooth and it didn't fit. This happened 4 times!! 4 different visits and it didn't fit!! So, the Dentist started from scratch and used a new mold and sent it off for construction. Today, it has arrived at the Dentist and at 4 pm. my husband will go to have it set onto his tooth. What do you think? Will it fit after a 5th time? I am really starting to wonder. This has never happened before. Have any of you had a similar situation happen?
I've never had root canals or crowns made. I hope it fits this time.
@LeaPea2417 (21565)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Thank goodness, it finally fit on the 5th try!
@LeaPea2417 Awesome!
I have about 8 crowns and never had that problem. 1/2 hour to the specialist isn't bad - we have to go an hour for specialist. Hope the crown is good to go.
@LeaPea2417 (21565)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Thank goodness, he just came back from the appointment and it fit! It took 5 tries and it finally fit.
@LeaPea2417 5th time Is the charm!
o that wou ld really up set me as the procedure was not fun to start out with then to not fit I would be truly upset
@LeaPea2417 (21565)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, he was pretty upset about it. Luckily, it fit after today's appointment.
@LeaPea2417 I am so glad that it finally did fit
Dentist only take the impressions as they are very busy.Crown is constructed by lab technicians.I think the problem lies with lab technicians at the lab with whom they have a contract for making crowns.Endodontics (under which RCT comes) branch needs lots of studying and practice and is not easy to get admission in it,so I think dentist's son is not at fault here.
@LeaPea2417 (21565)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I was thinking the same thing, the lab technicians were at fault in this case.
No, I have had root canals and always had the crowns fit on the first try, and I have had a lot of crowns. I would say they need to change the lab they use to construct the crowns.