Kicked butt at work today...and the van died...

Picked up 8 sets of returns this morning...all 8 sets had to go back out today. 16 sumo suits, 16 inflatable bladders, 16 helmets, and 8 mats needed cleaned and repacked and shipped. 'Bout wore me out, the most I've done in a day for quite some time. Tomorrow looks good, 6 sets back and only 2 going out, and 6 back Friday with none going out. So anyway, since I was gonna be there a bit, I decided I'd go get some lunch. Nope. Starter on the van decided it was finally done starting. It had been giving me trouble for a month, was taking 5 minutes or more sometimes to get it to engage. Today, it just said 'No". So there went $125 I hadn't planned to spend for a new starter and having it installed, but it could have been worse. At least my mechanic came and fixed it while it was at work for me. So there's my day...hope yours hasn't been too eventful.
@crossbones27 (21981)
• Redlands, California
Isn't that the story of our lives. 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.Glad business is booming though.
Glad my boss is the kind of guy I can say "Hey...I need my check 5 days early'" and it's never a problem
• Redlands, California
@JolietJake That is cool. That is a rare thing to find in bosses these days.
@Wordly1 (477)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
$125 including labor...Not too shabby. Around here, it would've been at least $200. at the shop. Nice.
It helps having an old friend that's a mechanic...he always gives me half on labor.
@Wordly1 (477)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
@JolietJake Awsome.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
Well today has been good. My co-worker found a Gucci purse in a sale car this morning and brought it in for me, . Yesterday though I got up and had a flat tire on my new car, gotta love work, I try really hard to look around and pick up all the screws and such but one got by me. I took it in to Big O Tires and they removed the screw at no charge. Hope you don't have anymore car problems for awhile, they start to add up quick, even with 50% off of labor.
No kidding...it was just two weeks ago I had to replace the right front brake caliper
We are taking the bus/motor-home in soon and having 4 new tyres fitted to the back wheels. Hopefully that will be the end of blowouts for a while. We might be eating mince for a while but it's all good.
I just had the right front brake cylinder done two weeks ago...I hope I don't have to do anything else for a bit
those things can be annoying, but I am glad it only cost that much, car stuff can be so pricey!
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
Oh these motor vehicles. They can be quite unpredictable can't they?
It's a good thing the mechanic was there, ever thought bringing scar with you getting those stuff.
@pgntwo (22757)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
Cars - always a money pit!
@Lucky15 (33687)
Well...your wish will be happening here power interruption until this afternoon. And i have no idea until last night
@KristenH (25164)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sorry to hear about your van. I'm having a bit rough day lately, edit-wise.
@Lolaze (3164)
Seems like everyone I know is having car problems! My fiance had a piece of trim come flying off his car as he was driving down the highway yesterday.
There is always something to fix with cars, they are a slot machine.