I don't believe this

I know at the back of my mind it wasn't over. That day I paid the credit card bill, I wasn't really sure if it's the last one. So I called them, but the staff was in day off. The next she was around but passed me to the one that handles her account. Only to find out there's one more amount to be settled as it turns out they wanted her to pay the whole amount. But we paid it installments which gained interest again. It's a good thing mom hesitate and allowed me to pay this last amount, which was just half. No more credit cards ever once were finally settled.
Credit cards can get you in big trouble if you only pay the minimum payment.
@ilocosboy (34388)
when you are at mall and you see your dream dress, and you have credit card, oh wow
Hello @marlina I don't know why she kept less prioritizing it. but that's all in the past now.
@ilocosboy I was thinking shoes, but then again I still have two that I'm using.
@sofssu (14451)
I am glad that you have decided that you won't use credit cards anymore. Several years ago I cut up my cards and never looked back. It was one of the great decision I have ever made.
I actually just have a debit card, this was my mom's credit card that had been closed for years @sofssu all those times they never mentioned about it until it's interest grew.
@sofssu (14451)
@Letranknight2015 It must have come as a surprise to you.. and not a good one at that. I am glad that its finally cleared and your mom can live in peace.
@sofssu well, the debt was almost three hundred dollars so i figured there was a left over and then some interest as well.
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
It's a nice feeling to have credit debt all paid off.
After such a long while, yes.. @Rollo1 and I really do hope this year is the end of it.
@shubhu3 (14275)
• New Delhi, India
Credit cards sometimes do irritate but when you are done with the bills and all it gives you relief. :)
Hello @shubhu3 that's took a lot of time and finally it did, or maybe I would have a relief once we get the certificate of completion.
@shubhu3 (14275)
• New Delhi, India
@Letranknight2015 This happens.I am happy for you that it's done now.Have a little treat for yourself and your family for this. :)
@shubhu3 Nope, were kinda broke this month because of this last pay. but were happy still.
@ilocosboy (34388)
with this kind of experience, I'm thinking hard to have a credit card or not.
because it takes a lot of discipline @ilocosboy.
@ilocosboy (34388)
@hereandthere its really hard to command our own self
Yes, you have to think twice @ilocosboy , you only use it on emergencies and when it's absolutely necessary. Discipline is something hard and I'm not discipline to certain things lately ..but so far i don't think i can have a credit card soon.
@Yar_Joey (3296)
That is why I have no credit cards.
Good for you @Yar_Joey
@Yar_Joey (3296)
@Letranknight2015 But I have debit cards now with EON. I use this to withdraw from my Bubblews money from PayPal before
@Yar_Joey I've had the Eon card since 2009. This is my main card from all of my transactions online.
@miniam (9236)
• Bern, Switzerland
Happy for you,credit card bills do worry alot of people. You can still keep a credit card for emergencies.I do
Hello @miniam of course it's something worry if you don't manage how to use it properly. some people think they are rich when they have it and tempted to buy a lot.
@miniam (9236)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Letranknight2015 I use my CC very rarely, only when booking a flight otherwise i pay everything cash,this stops me buying what l cant afford.
@miniam I didn't realize how important CC is when booking a flight.
Credit cards can become a real nightmare sometimes.
Hello @JudyEv when you don't manage it well. I have a cousin who has both debit and credit card, he only used it once.
@Letranknight2015 We put almost all our expenses on the credit card but we pay it off completely each month. I know we are lucky to be able to do this but it means we earn frequent flyer points and we use them when we visit our son in Ireland.
@JudyEv I bet it's more expensive there than it is here. But right now, I'm just happy were off with it, hoping for to settle another debt again.
@MGjhaud (20696)
oh my gosh, when is that going to end..?
Well, I think it's over now but I haven't called yet. probably next week, can't believe i procastinated on this @MGjhaud
@MGjhaud (20696)
aw go now friend..
It's easy to get into financial trouble with credit cards, and I'm glad that you are finished with them. I pay mine off if full by direct debit every month, so I'm never faced with anything I can't handle.
Hello @jaboUK This took years, I can't believe how dumb they didn't tell us about it until the interest grew larger than we can afford to pay. No more credit cards ever!
@Letranknight2015 The least they should have done was kept you informed.
@Marcyaz (35651)
If you only use your credit card when you actually know you have the money to pay it in one or two months then you wouldn't be in this perdictament. Some people think they can use the credit card and pay nothing but that is not so.
Hello @Marcyaz well, i haven't said much that about whos credit card I was referring to. It's not mine, it's my moms. But thank you for your advice, if ever i get approved for a credit card, I will only use it for emergency.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@Letranknight2015 Lot's of people don't you use a credit card wisely and that is when they run into trouble.
@earnnings (1299)
need to check credit cards every time. The interest they put up on credit card is too much.
Hello @earnnings It is too much, we are at their mercy and all of the money supposed to be spent on the bills and every day needs was spent on this ridiculous card bill.
@earnnings (1299)
@ida123 (6247)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
If you do that friend, you made the right decision. That's the reason why I don't open a credit card because of high interest and if you're hooked in using it and can't pay the monthly amortization, you will be in great danger, you will be totally in big debts.
I'm actually glad I don't have a credit card. Because we experience what would happen if we don't pay up. years before we finish it Im glad it's over. Though, If i ever going to have a card, I'll be sure to use them only when necessary. @ida123
@ida123 (6247)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Letranknight2015 Yes, I think that is good and best way to get rid of debts.
That's the reason why I haven't availed credit cards. Well, a friend of mine was hooked of using it. Now, he is totally in big debt.
How much debt your friend is in? the bill statement had rose interest reaching up 300k but the law firm took pity on us and rather negotiated with only 80k but must pay 4k a month. Well, i won't miss those days were I had to pay it @Shavkat Im glad it's over.
@Letranknight2015 I think total debt is 200k. What a pity for him.
@Chungshop (2363)
Better have a debit card lo, pay according to your balance lo
oh, I've always have a debit card, Im just glad they haven't cancelled it yet @Chungshop
I hope you stick to that plan.
Hello @just4him I hope this will the last of it. Anymore call will be rejected.
@brokenbee (7905)
My parents discouraged us to use credit cards because they had a friend whose children were indebted because of this and had to mortgage their house until the house was already taken by the bank.
Wow, those banks really take everything just to pay the debt reminds me of that house our neighbor use to live @brokenbee
@Macarrosel (7551)
I have two credit cards but I seldom use them to avoid trouble.
Wow @Macarrosel two is a lot already. That's good, use it only for emergencies.
@skysnap (17805)
Many people are giving on the credit cards. It is better to avoid them.
They're lucky but not so careful with their money @skysnap
@Lucky15 (33753)
Hope nothing will follow
I should call them tomorrow, just in case @Lucky15