OMG

@marsha32 (6779)
Well well well...... I took mom to get her commodity foods this morning then took some of them over to my son. As soon as we got back home I got started on baking those 4 dozen cookies that my daughter volunteered to make for the mission trip. In the middle of making the cooking the animal control showed up again to inform us that the dog in the back yard was tangled up. Now, we fed and gave her water before we left early and she wasn't tangled up. I admit to not taking the time to look out the window we got home as I wanted to get the cookies baked right away. So, if the neighbor going to call animal control every time she is tangled up? I'm sure they have better things to do than come out here. Why can't he come knock on the door himself and just let us know?? Or, since it was obvious that we had been gone since my van was gone, why can't he come into the yard and untangle her as he's told me that he did a couple of times when we were having the rain storms? He was nice the day he told me had done so. I even discussed with him the reason why she had to be on the chain and how bad I felt about it. She has to be on it as she climbs or jumps the fence. She is chipped so was brought back the first time. The second time she actually broke the chain and was in the front yard. We seen her right away but the man who lives across the street threatened that if he seen the dog out of the yard one more time it was going to be a dead dog. OMG! as I said. Why be so nasty? I would bring her in the house if there wasn't so much junk around in here and such!! I hate having an animal that has to stay outside, no matter what the weather is like. I'm going to have to make a true effort to get the junk out of this house once we get home from the mission trip---that is if the animal control doesn't pick her up and not allow her back while I am gone. She is my daughter's dog, and other than the fact that she is registered, chipped, and all shots caught up etc, she isn't being very responsible and depends on the rest of us to feed and water her. Maybe I should say sigh......instead of omg.
He sounds like he needs to take a chill pill, but you really should get a pin or something, that or have the fence made taller.
@marsha32 (6779)
We put up a pen with the really high sides and she digs holes to get out of it. We tried doing things like putting the pitch fork and auch over the holes but she just digs another one.
@marsha32 Hmm there has to be someway, maybe she can be trained not to do it some how. Hope it works out or possibly a pin with a bottom she can't dig through.
@marsha32 (6779)
@TRBRocks420 She went a long time without wrapping herself around a pole of that structure and now is doing it again...not sure what's with that.
@Marcyaz (36105)
I feel sorry for the poor dog who has to be tied up. Can't you make your fence taller so she can't jump over it.
@marsha32 (6779)
I would actually love a privacy fence, but there just isn't money. She get over the taller standard size fence, but the 2 sides of the yard are the 0lder type of fence...short enough that I can step over it with my long legs.
@Marcyaz (36105)
@marsha32 That is too bad as dogs do need to run.
@marsha32 (6779)
@Marcyaz she can run plenty as she's on a 50 ft cable chain and then the metal cjain too. It's just that we have this useless structure in our back yard...some sort of car port, or at least it used to be until the tarp that covered it completely tore up in a storm. I wish we could take the thing down...or had enough money to turn it in to a huge green house.
This person must be bored and has nothing more to do but see your dog is tangled and call animal control. Or does the dog yelp when this happens? I hope something can be done. Maybe you need to go talk to him. I hope this doesn't become one of those "Fear Thy Neighbor" episodes. Ugh! Good luck getting this resolved.
@marsha32 (6779)
Nope, she doesan't yelp at all, just lays there. We look out on a regular basis but since I was so busy wanting to get those cookies made that I didn't take the time to look out the window yet.
@marsha32 ....Then your next door neighbor is watching your house much too much. Animal control should be told how weird he is.
If your daughter isn't taking care of the dog, perhaps you should find a home that will be able to care for her. We had 2 Dachshunds that my children promised they would care for. Unfortunately the care fell upon my busy shoulders. I knew that I couldn't give them the care they required and the kids certainly weren't doing their part, so I gave them up. Broke my heart, but I knew it was best for the dogs to be placed with someone who could devote the time with them.
@marsha32 (6779)
If she doesn't find a house to rent soon that will allow her to have the dog, she won't have any choice. I know she's put quite a bit of money out on her but she can ask for money to make sure she is going to a good home like many do that have animals that already have all their shots and stuff.
@marsha32 in our area it is difficult to find any place to rent that will allow any pets. We want to move, but we have 2 cats. One is a senior cat and the other only 2 years old. I refuse to give up either. Also have 2 parakeets.
Seems like the dog is leading a not-so-good life at all. Tethering or chaining a dog is rather inhumane and could lead to the dog being taken from the owner.
@marsha32 (6779)
Yeas, I do not like it at all, but since she gets over the fence there is no other way. Otherwise they will end up ticketing us too for dog running at large. She's a bigger dog, unlike the minpin we have and the shitzu that my mom has.
@marsha32 Hopefully, this will work out for your dog and your family.
;are your so called junk more important than the dog? seems to me it would be easier to keep; her in your home or get your daughter to take care of her own dog.Im feeling bad for the dog as the dog is not to blame.
@marsha32 (6779)
Not my junk....I just told hubby my plan and he told me no way will he allow the dog in the house. Little does he know...as he should by now...that what I say always goes.
Sounds sad to me. I hope she will be ok out there.
• Marion, Kansas
Which daughter?
@Yar_Joey (3312)
Pity dog.
@sol_cee (13698)
• Japan
I think you're only after the dog's welfare. Other people who don't know about the dog's jumping issue would easily assume bad things about you. But then we can't please everyone. Good luck to your mission.