Something on the Internet was WRONG!

this one is MINE
@Genipher (5135)
I was lied to. The interwebz told me with absolute certainty that ants hate citrus. With that knowledge, I loaded an arsenal of natural weapons. Namely, an orange-vinegar spray. And then what do I find? One of my children left part of an orange in the office garbage...and it was covered in ants. I shook the blasted thing and yelled, "Y'all aren't supposed to like oranges!" The proof was in the pudding, folks! So not only have the cats taunted me with my attempted hazelnut shell cure, but the ants are now mocking my orange remedies. Well played, pests. Well played!
The pests are the ones posting those home remedies for getting rid of them. Smart little buggars!
@Genipher (5135)
I have to admit, cinnamon works most of the time as an ant repellent. The internet was right about that one. But so many things I try these days seem to be failures. And I'd much rather use a natural cure or deterrent than harmful, man-made chemicals so I keep looking for the "better" stuff. One of these days I'm going to completely give up on the internet. It can't be trusted!
Yes, the pests sometimes are a lot smarter than we are!
@Genipher (5135)
@marlina I can just picture the ants, underground, secretly posting false information on how to wipe them out. And then laughing up their sleeves!
@pgntwo (21996)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Well said. Perhaps they meant bergamot...?
@Genipher (5135)
Dang it! My gullibility is acting up again! I've never seen a green orange before!!
@pgntwo (21996)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@Genipher Oranges young enough are green...
@Genipher (5135)
@pgntwo Really? I never knew! Only ever seen 'em orange here.
@zarlamain (24889)
So funny! Well, at least you learned something new.
@Genipher (5135)
I will begrudgingly give kudos to the interwebz for the learning experience.
@zarlamain (24889)
@Genipher Yes, begrudgingly do so!
@valmnz (12754)
• New Zealand
Guess it was the sweet sticky juice they love! Ants love everything, even vinegar. Don't believe anything online that tells you otherwise!
But...but...how can the Interwebs be wrong? Maybe you used the wrong kind of orange...
Sorry they lied to you.
@beenice2 (2336)
Yes, I think that a lot of things online are a bit out of wak
LOL well good thing you discovered this as you can pass along the knowledge to others how false this proved to be.