all the young dudes

Every community has that one household which brings the whole tone of the neighbourhood down. In our little patch of town it's us. No, don't be silly, of course it isn't. Our immediate neighbourhood is nice. I know my neighbours by sight, if not by name. People are friendly and say Hello! in a jovial fashion whilst walking their dogs. Some lawns take a while to get mown, the odd noisy barbecue means that occasionally windows need to be closed on lovely days and when people entertain there is suddenly a distinct lack of parking spaces. The little Polish community stand on the corner and have loud conversations which I can't eavesdrop on and there is a beautiful abundance of cats roaming the street, pooing everywhere. But these are little things, things of which we are all guilty. Trivial occasionals which we cope with, because mostly the area is quiet and serene. But there's this one family who lower the tone. Single disabled mum who obviously hasn't been able to cope with her boys, who have subsequently grown into wild young chavsters. The wild young chavsters roam the streets with other wild young chavsters from other herds. Sorry, communities. They cruise the streets in their cars, taking time to rest and sunbathe in the local car park, all lined up in order of importance, or biggest, or something. They preen and admire. Girls walk by and they pose, their trackie bottoms nearly down to their knees in that wild young chavster style. And then they gallop off, squealing with macho-ness. They are desperate for your attention, screaming around corners, revving their engines, leaving a pattern of black, steaming tyre tracks in their wake. One day a child will die. Or a dog. One day they will lose control and crash into a group of pedestrians, a flock of kids, a caboodle of houses. One day they will die, a consequence of too much macho-ness, and the other wild young chavsters will cry and wail, before hopping into their cars and doing the same thing, over and over again. If this one particular family didn't live in our little world, the wild young chavsters would group together elsewhere. But whilst they insist on living in our midst all we can do is keep calling the non-emergency number and reporting them. *sigh*
I love the word Chavster! I never heard (read) it before. We have our share of Chavsters in rural Alberta!
I may have made it up, I'm not sure!
@Poppylicious well, you should make up more words then!
@paigea I made up the word fandangly back in 2003-ish and used it lots so that the Internet would pick it up. I should start using it again, as it never really seemed to catch on, which was not fandangly.
• Preston, England
hope action is taken to improve things there before someone gets hurt or worse
A couple of years ago we were having issues in town and the police set up a dispersal zone. When that worked they removed it. Then all the chavsters came back. *sigh*
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious that often happens here too sadly
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I imagine it's been very difficult for her to have a positive influence on her boys since she is disabled and probably not able to be involved in physical activities with them, etc. Boys with no adult male role model will get their identities from the pack. I hope your pack of boys grow up and move on before anyone gets hurt.
I suspect they have a cushy life, so they'll probably just move their eventual life partners and kiddies into the house and live there for ever!
• New Delhi, India
What is non-emergency number?
It's the number we ring when we want to inform the police of a situation but it isn't an emergency and doesn't need immediate and urgent attention.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Where do you live?
In Wild Young Chavster country. Otherwise known as England.