Touring the Apartment

Green Bay, Wisconsin
As noted on a previous post, this morning I went to view the apartment. It's a small apartment. You just don't know how small a one bedroom apartment is until you see it, and since it's still occupied, you get an even better idea of how much you can put in such a small space. So okay, it is the largest one bedroom floor plan, and since it's going to be about the same or smaller for any other one bedroom I would look at, I put in my application, and paid the deposit and credit check amount. My son loaned me the money this morning. It's really a nice apartment. My mind has been looking at the space and my furniture and trying to make it work, and I think it will since the living room will be a combination of office and living room. Since I'm doing away with the couch when we move - it's going on the bonfire - I won't need to worry about a lot of living room furniture and what I have will actually work. I've even figured out where to put the organ. I think there is just one piece of furniture I've had for twenty years that will finally find it's way out and that is my drafting table, but not without a fight. So now I wait on their decision, and hope it's favorable. I'm already looking forward to the pools. I can use the indoor pool during the week Monday - Saturday, closed on Sunday, and the outdoor pool on Sunday. Which I will definitely do. The park is a block away, which will be a nice walk, though my apartment is at the very end of the complex, so that walk will be a bit longer. So I'm really hoping to get a favorable reply from them. If not, I'll need to keep looking until I find something. So that's my news so far today. What have you been up to. Oh and it's payday today Thanks for reading.
It sounds nice and if it's just you then a one bedroom should be big enough.
It is, it's just downsizing from a three bedroom house.
As long as the one bedroom does not feel encroaching @Susan2015
Hopefully they won't take too long to decide whether or not they will rent the unit to you. Sounds like you are ready to go!
It can take from 3 to 21 business days, so I'm hoping I'll know by next Wednesday.
@just4him if it were me it would drive me a little crazy playing the waiting game.
@ElusiveButterfly Waiting games always drive me crazy, but I can't move until this house is out of my hands, and that is going to happen soon as well. I've heard from the loan officer, and the title should be cleared by the end of the month.
Oh that is good news, you'll have a safe place to call home . . . YEY !
Yes. It's security locked so yes, I'll be safe.
@just4him good to know, we lost the gates here due to low HOA funds BUT my community is safe
@enlightenedpsych2 I'm glad to hear it.
It will be great if your furniture and effects will fit. Having a pool with be good too. What did you use the drafting table for? (No need to answer if you'd rather not.)
I have my Associate degree as an Architect. I used it for that originally, now it's been everything from a desk to holding my printers and whatnot. Right now it's mostly a holdall for a lot of clutter. That will be taken care of in the near future.
@just4him How cool is that? I should think that would have been a very interesting career. It might be a bit hard to part with the table when the time comes.
@JudyEv Yes, I wish the career hadn't been so overmanned. I would have loved to gotten a job in the field. Oh well, not to be, however, it whet my creative side for designing homes, mine in particular - my dream home, though with the way things are that's not going to happen, but it's nice to dream. As for the table, it's had many uses in the last 20 years and though my son has urged me to get rid of it, I just can't seem to do that. I'm hoping I can find a place for it in the new apartment.
• Midland, Michigan
Although our payday is on Friday, we have our checks direct deposited, so we get them by Thursday unless Christmas or another holiday falls on that date, like Thanksgiving. I did windows yesterday in the morning, and then worked as a cashier afterward. I then did some grocery shopping after work and left there at 12:30am. I got to sleep in this morning somewhat, got some cleaning done. Did a bit, a bit more shopping and then back to bed to get ready for the midnight shift again. I could only sleep a couple of hours though, so here I am again. I need to begin an editing project I agreed to shortly.
You're one busy lady. I was talking about the myLot payday. I hope you made the payout goal.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him No, I didn't as I'm not even up to four dollars yet, but you have most of your day to spend on here as do many others where I'm hit and miss. I may not make it for June either, but at least it shouldn't take four months like it did when it was ten dollars. I'm busier in the summer months than the winter so that accounts for slower payments for me too.
@MarshaMusselman I'm sorry. Yes, I do have more time to spend on here, and making goal is no problem for me. I hope you will be able to make goal this month.
Fingers crossed for you. It sounds just about right.
Take a look at Moving News post. There's a link there for the apartment complex. It's perfect.
@just4him I will when I finish my catching up on here. I'm so excited for you!
@DianneN Thank you, so am I.
@cherriefic (4813)
Good luck with the apartment. Hope you get it.
Thank you.
@ridingbet (61623)
don't you feel lonely staying alone in a house? i know your son visits you, but living in a single-bedroom apartment, is that spacious for you? yes, payday today
It could get lonely, but I can't have anyone living with me on housing. If I could afford it I'd have a two bedroom apartment.
@ridingbet (61623)
@just4him but with good neighbors, you will enjoy your new home.
@ridingbet I will enjoy it and hope I have good neighbors.
I do hope all turns out to be just fine. So nice that you were able to tour the apartment and think about how you plan to organize and furnish the new place.
It's one thing to look at a place when it's completely empty, you think you have room for everything, but to see it with furniture in it gives another perspective and that's what my mind is playing with, and I think I can do this. I don't want to give up my drafting table.
@just4him Yes, you must bring the drafting table. You will figure out a place for it!
@Corbin5 Okay. I'll figure it out then. I just can't see it staying behind. I also have another piece of furniture I need to find a place for because in no way is that one getting tossed to the curb. I bought a window seat couch solid wood, two huge drawers in it, back when my daughter was 2 years old. So I've had it for 40 years. There's no way that one is getting left behind either. It's the oldest piece of furniture I have. Right now I use it for my porcelain village, which I have a lot of. Some of those will be trimmed down.
it can be hard to pair down, but who knows maybe that drafting table can go to your son or something
My son has been after me to get rid of it. No, it won't go to him. I have it figured out where to put it.
@just4him so you can keep it?
@Elizaby (4178)
• Pensacola, Florida
Is that the floor plan with the little storage room as from what I see is the largest one bedroom. Hope you get it, but in case I would still be checking other places in case that falls through or something better presents itself
Yes, that's the floor plan. I have other places to check on if this one falls through on me. I can even get a two-bedroom as long as it falls inside the amount they specify. The two bedroom here is just outside the limits.
@Elizaby (4178)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him If you don't need that storage room for actual storage (if there is need to have a storage area I would consider renting a storage unit since (here at least) you can get one for well under 50 dollars (one near here is 19 a month) and possibly the drafting table can go in there and you could fix it up as a prayer closet. Just a thought.
@Elizaby With the shelves in there, it makes that idea impossible. It's a good one. I've been thinking about having one of those, especially since I've seen War Room.
@vandana7 (68963)
I pray you get it...hugs...only thing that matters is you are happy..
Thank you. I love the apartment. So I really hope I get approved.
@Drosophila (16694)
Hopefully you will hear back soon
I hope so too. Are you home now?
@Inlemay (17164)
• South Africa
I am glad you got yo see it early. Now you can visualize your things. Don't hold onto unneeded stuff, because it's just that STUFF.
I know. I will be getting rid of a lot. I know I don't want boxes cluttering up my closet and storage room.
Good luck with your application, when will you know the answer?
Wednesday at the earliest. They say in the application it can take 3-21 business days.
Hope you like your new place.
I already do. I just need to get approved so I can get ready to move in.
Sounds nice. Are you to have to get rid of some stuff for the one bedroom. Good luck on getting an apartment.
I'll be downsizing quite a bit, but I think I can keep the furniture, though the couch I have will be part of the bonfire we're going to have before we leave.
@sugartoes (43783)
• Greencastle, Indiana
AWESOME I'm SO for you I DO hope you get it cause you have such a AWESOME place as I visioned everything you said about it that's GREAT
It is a nice place. The size surprised me. I was envisioning a bit larger, but this will work. I have a lot to get rid of. Though I'm sure I can keep the majority of my furniture. I even know where I'm putting the organ.
@Lucky15 (33669)
Seems greay place ma'am ;)
Thank you. It is. I hope I'm approved for it.
@Marcyaz (35589)
It looks like a really nice apt. and I do hope you will be approved for it. It is nice to have an indoor swimming pool.
Yes it is. I'll be able to swim in winter and that's a plus.
@Marcyaz (35589)
@just4him That is a plus being able to swim in the winter time plus it is good exercise.
@Marcyaz Yes it is and I'm hoping to lose a lot of weight that way, and also using the exercise equipment in the fitness room. And for fun there's a billiards table.