Grrrrrr!

Pixabay Public Domain Image
@akalinus (14288)
I am getting more and more aggravated with my spell and grammar check. I used the word dun in a post and they said that I did not mean dun, but I meant run. Just now I talked about a dog tearing up a couch and they told me I mean coach. There are other examples. When I pick a word for its precise meaning, I mean to use that word. Why does grammar check presume I mean a more common word? I feel like lobbing things at the computer. They tell me I mean robbing. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Do you hate your spell, grammar check, or autocorrect? Maybe I should just tell them to write posts while I vacuum. What do you think?
@LeaPea2417 (18646)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am grateful for mine because it really does help me when I misspell a word. I realize how I really can't spell when I sit down to type something.
@akalinus (14288)
I make a lot of typos and the red underlining really helps me spot them. And I spell some words wrong. The same words every time. So I am grateful for it telling me that. I just don't like them telling me I meant a different word. Oh, when I am deliberately trying to spell wrong, the darn autocorrect keeps changing it back.
Yes it certainly can be very annoying at times.
Can it be turned off? I have most trouble with Latin names of trees or whatever where the word might be 'immaculata' or somesuch and it changes it to 'immaculate'. But I wish you luck with getting it to write a post for you.
@akalinus (14288)
I told it to write posts all night while I slept. Got up and found it did not write anything.
@akalinus You just can't rely on anything these days!
@akalinus (14288)
@JudyEv That is so true. We could make a list of things we can't rely on.
@PatZAnthony (12262)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, these are very annoying. So many times we have to undo what they did to undo what we did!
@akalinus (14288)
It gets really confusing sometimes.
@miniam (9244)
• Bern, Switzerland
I have problems with my spellings and grammar but l accept it to be what it is as English is not my first language so l dont let it bother me
@akalinus (14288)
You do very well with it. What is your first language?
@MGjhaud (20748)
haha its the kind of help i dont need. i dont use them as they bother me when i type, the more when they auto correct me. you may switch them off if you like.
@akalinus (14288)
I need them to alert me to typos and blaring errors. I just resent them telling me I meant something else.
• Olney, Illinois
The only thing I hate about spellcheck is it misses most errors I make...especially when I misspell the word I meant to use and write one similar but one letter off...as long as it is a valid word, it doesn't say anything.
@akalinus (14288)
It can turn out to be quite comical. I have seen whole sentences with words spelled correctly but are the wrong forms or off a couple of letters from the words that should be used.