Catching frog in Rain!

New Delhi, India
It was raining yesterday & I was remembering my childhood days when after rains I tried to catch tadpoles & frogs in my bucket. So I decided to catch one last night but the frog jumped off and started hopping around. My reflexes are slowing down now, realized yesterday! Almost spent 15 minutes to catch it. It was comical! I think there was cartoon music and a laugh track going the entire time in my head. Just like we listen in "Tom & Jerry show" Have you ever tried to catch a frog? It's not that easy!
@vandana7 (64862)
No...I believe it is the frog that should be chasing me, not me...LOL
• New Delhi, India
There are frogs in your area too?
@vandana7 (64862)
@ModernDayWriter ... Not really. I live on Mars and watch earthlings chase frogs.
• New Delhi, India
@vandana7 & until now I think beautiful lady like you comes from Venus to entertain dude like us on earth
No, but when we were living on Guam there were a lot of toads and my husband would take a broom and swept them down the drain in the street.
• New Delhi, India
Large amount of todes how many?
@ModernDayWriter Too many to count. He had fun sweeping them into the storm drain in the rain.
@hora_fugit (5442)
I was not particularly interested in frogs. Don't like their touch. But still, I did try once in a while and succeeded too!
@ridingbet (52821)
it is not that easy to catch a frog, but frogs that are edible are fun to catch, not those bull frogs that are big and monstrous-looking with awful croaks when it rains.
• New Delhi, India
In my area they are small but very fast
@ridingbet (52821)
@ModernDayWriter the tads you mean?there are edible frogs by the way
• New Delhi, India
@ridingbet no frog eating here but some past of Eastern India don't eat rat, snakes and frogs.
I have never caught a frog, not common to find wild frogs here.
• New Delhi, India
Any other thing like butterfly or something else?
@ModernDayWriter Rare to see butterflies also.
• New Delhi, India
@infatuatedbby what a luck
@brokenbee (7862)
Yup, when I was a kid. I used to make a fishing rod using a stick and get thread from my mother's sewing box then dig up some earthworms as bait. Whoa.. memories during rainy days in my childhood.
• New Delhi, India
What you do after catching them?
@brokenbee (7862)
@ModernDayWriter if we had caught enough, we let my mother cook it. Sometimes I just play with the frog. Hihi
• New Delhi, India
@brokenbee you eat frogs sounds weird.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
Not since I was a youth, Yogesh! I know my reflexes are slowing down now. I seriously doubt I am fast enough to catch a frog anymore. LOL! (I am afraid if I tried to catch a frog, the laugh track would not only be playing on the inside of my head, but the neighbors would play the laugh track on the outside, too! LMAO! Good story, Yogesh! Did you catch the frog to eat? I used to catch frogs to eat when I was a kid. My brothers and I would go gigging at the ponds where we lived on the farm. We caught many frogs and mom would cook them for us to eat.
• New Delhi, India
no. I am vegetarian by birth
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@ModernDayWriter Uhm... okay.... I think you are vegetarian by choice, not by birth. Although, you might be vegetarian because your mom told you she wasn't cooking meat, so you could cook it yourself if you wanted it... LOL! I'm guessing you decided you didn't want to cook it, either!
• New Delhi, India
@DaddyEvil no one in my family eat meat.
@shubhu3 (14280)
• New Delhi, India
Hhahaha that was funny. I also used to try to catch the frog but was never succeeded in the same.
• New Delhi, India
Tadpoles are easy to catch
@shubhu3 (14280)
• New Delhi, India
@ModernDayWriter Hahaha true. :D
• New Delhi, India
@shubhu3 never tried to catch honeybee. Yikeeesss...
@maxilimian (3099)
No never catch it, unless they were still tadpole when i was a kid, otherwise no, i feel disgusted with frog right now
• New Delhi, India
They are ugly
@ModernDayWriter not only ugly, i'm scare getting bite by the frog, i think it can be really hurt
• New Delhi, India
@maxilimian urine of frog is dangerous can cause itchiness and swelling body parts. Also I read some species of frogs are as deadly as snakes.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
i caught a frog once in the rice land but i never tried it again because they jump too fast and high
• New Delhi, India
What you do with him?
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ModernDayWriter The frogs will jump too fast and high, that frogs from the rice land.
• New Delhi, India
@ida123 they are very fast
@Micmac (8484)
Sounds exhausting. No frogs here to catch. I used to catch lightening bugs or fire flies when I was a child. I would collect a bunch and put them inside a jar with holes on the lid and observe them.
• New Delhi, India
In india we call them "jugnoo" i caught them in my childhood unfortunately there are no fireflies in cities now.
@Micmac (8484)
@ModernDayWriter Yes, it's strange, I've noticed that there are fewer fireflies here than before. I wonder why? Could it be they are are slowly disappearing from the air pollution?
• New Delhi, India
@Micmac may be due to mobile network waves.
@yugocean (8353)
During my child hood, our home had a pond with some fishes and frogs. I remember when some cranes used to caught frogs from the pond (and sometimes kids from neighbors. However I only try to catch frog to kick them out of the area where they are not wanted.
• New Delhi, India
May be you kick them out from your drawing room
@yugocean (8353)
@ModernDayWriter This too, there were times when this happened, and I really helped the jumping frog a big jump out
• New Delhi, India
@yugocean ha ha ha... Lol
@cherriefic (4692)
• Baguio, Philippines
I used to do that as a child as well and can do it in one try. I'm not sure about it now that I'm older.lol.
• New Delhi, India
How you treat them in your childhood days?
• Baguio, Philippines
@ModernDayWriter I just catch it and throw it back to the fields gently. But my playmates were bad.
• New Delhi, India
@cherriefic what they do with frogs?
Never, as I dont like frogs.If it is big one may be possible to catch as they are little slower than the small ones. what did you do with frog anyway?
• New Delhi, India
Nothing play with them for a while then release them to their place again.
@ModernDayWriter Medical students are taught to dissect the frog, that is one reason why many dont want to pick up medicine as profession!! you are not a medicine student right?
• New Delhi, India
@vijay_2016 I am doing electrical engineering right now. I catch them for a fun
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Why would anyone want to catch a frog?im terrified of them.
• New Delhi, India
Catching frog is a too much one and a good exercise too
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
@ModernDayWriter Then l will have to pass this exercise, im terrified of frogs.
@PatZAnthony (12656)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
No, can't remember every trying to catch a frog in any weather.
• New Delhi, India
Is there are frogs in your region?
Yeh, when I was a kid by the lake it would be something we would do...I kinda sucked at it;)
• New Delhi, India
It's a fun at that time
@EddieHands (37845)
Catching frogs is fun..i used to catch tiny ones when I was little! Truly a fun experience! Blessings !
• New Delhi, India
Really it is. Those big giant eyes
LOL it would have been funny to watch someone older trying to catch a frog since it is so much less common.
• New Delhi, India
Yes it is! Run through a comedy of errors.
@xstitcher (11524)
• Petaluma, California
When we were kids we used to catch tadpoles quite a bit. :D
• New Delhi, India
Is there any green or orange frog in your area?