Couldn't go through with it. For awhile i will just be a vegetarian will learn more about veganism

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I know i wrote this morning about eating meat. MY sister is not bringing me any today, or ever i just can't eat meat with a clear conscious. From now on i announce to MyLot land i am a confirmed vegetarian and eventually vegan for life! I will be having a few snacks a day so i won't be tired! Now i have to eat my meatless lasagna i am starving!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I love eating meant. But I feel guilty about eating helpless little vegetables.
@thehorse I feel the exact opposite my friend
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Marty1 I was kind of kidding. But I do offer a silent prayer to trees I cut down in Montana to rebuild my fence or bridge.
@TheHorse I kind of guessed that! I know you are a good person. Your profile pic says you come from California how are you cutting trees down in Montanan? That would be hard to get on a plane (smile) seriously why are you cutting in Montana. My dad spent some time there in the Army because he signed up and couldn't go to Vietnam unless he reenlisted but my mom was waiting for him, so he was sent to the states for the last six months for the three years he enlisted!
I wish you well in your journey to better nutrition but I warn gently about going all-out vegetarian can be dangerous, especially when a certain factor in your body will alert you that plant proteins (lecithin is one) are part of the good plan BUT remembering that muscles also require animal protein whether that be from the poultry, game or bovine species, is crucial to understand and then follow . . .
@enlightenedpsyche2 Would the fake protein chicken nuggets and cheese sticks i put in the oven about 4:30 pm (don't worry i took them out i already ate and did the dishes and cleaned up.!) be good as the chicken nuggets had 12 grams of protein! But what if i take 1,000 mg of Vitamin B-12 a day like i do? Doesn't that count for what we need to get in meat? I will seriously consider eating meat again a bit. How much meat do you need a day or week? My sister's health coach at her job says 5 percent of the diet a month needs to be meat. What is your opinion of that?
@Marty1 why the heck are you taking 1000milligrams of B 12 ????????????? every single day
@Marty1 is your sisters health coach part of the American Medical Association ? If so, ask her about Blood type diet planning and meal eating, then get back to me . . . ok ?
• New Delhi, India
I am vegetarian by birth
@moderndaywriter Good for you! i am envious! When i was young, i wasn't smart enough to know about vegetarianism which my parents abhorred while alive. There were no such thing as computers when i was young. I see videos now and am appalled.
• New Delhi, India
@Marty1 I didn’t learn it from computers. My family & religion taught me to do so.
@ModernDayWriter You have a wonderful family and great religion. All my religion asks us to go without meat is one Wednesday in Lent and Fridays during Lent. And you don't start until eight years old and stop at 60 or 65 i forget which! But it is nothing now for the Catholics (I don't eat seafood) to go to a fish fry and get all kinds of seafood for a church or some sort of organization fund raisers for something they need money!
I don't eat a lot of meat. Mostly chicken once in a while. I do like fish.
@SusanZ IT is okay to eat meat! IT is good you don't eat that much since it isn't too healthy for you especially with colon cancer with red meat. Do what you feel comfortable doing!
@Marty1 I saw a video and turned me off to beef and such.
@Susan2015 the same thing happened to me! I became appalled after watching videos and reading about it!
@VivaLaDani13 (19863)
• Perth, Australia
@Marty1 I am glad that you are happy with your eating life style! Whatever makes YOU happy is what counts! Hey @Daljinder Should I let her know about that vegan dude? Might be a match made in heaven lol
@vivaladani13 I have been eating some meat and am not happy at all about it, Going to finish my meat in my freezer and refrigerator and then goo to vegetarian! I make food for myself so i guess what makes ME happy is what counts!
@Daljinder (21545)
@VivaLaDani13 Do you have him saved somewhere deary? Is there something I should know about? LOL! If you think she can handle it then go ahead! Hope she survives him! P.S. Hey Dani! Would you mind doing something for me? Whenever you find some good Daz videos will you share it? I haven't been able to find the time to check it due to... uh well you know. Annnddd I think I am about to start a new assignment. So yeah will get busy! So if you do like one pleaaaase share it!!!!!
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder haha! I don't have them saved. But there is a newer video out that Daz reacted to so I will send you that link too as well as some others that are really cool. I will do that for you dudette! Is it ok to message you them on here? Or somewhere else?
I'm a meat and potatoes girl, with a side of fresh veggies.
@dianneN NO problem at all with me! I don't expect people to give up meat because i don't eat it. MY entire family eats meat. But my sister did make a meatless lasagna so she could force me to celebrate Memorial day. We all loved the lasagna! I got an email the gang was coming (her family) and to prepare myself because i turned down her invitation to her party!
@dianneN I am going to be the experimental eating. My mom cooked all the same meats with the same recipes. She would never try anything a bit different! So, I am eating some meat and some vegetarian. I am going to try and be a great chef! I want to invite my sister and her family to my Marty(Hamster) birthday on Septemeber 25 this year. I will cook a meal and make a cake. I am going to stat trying all kinds of recipes. Hey! It will be my "son's" first birthday. What is your favorite meal?
@Marty1 I'm sure you will be a great cook. I love almost everything, Marty. I see food, and eat it.
@Jdaw1985 (4003)
• Harrells, North Carolina
If you do not mind me asking why are you not able to eat meat any more?
@Jdaw1985 (4003)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@Marty1 That is a good way to look at it. Me I just look at it like they said in the lion king lol. It is a cycle of life. Now with that being said I can not sit here and watch you kill or murder a animal in front of me and then you expect for me to eat it. I have had chickens and I would name my babies. My hubby always wanted to cook them. I told him he could do that to babies that we hatch and he put out of my site. If I raise them as my baby you will not eat it LOL. That would be why he will not buy me a pig LOL.
@Jdaw1985 I can't have those kinds of animals in my neighborhood, but any animal eating is pure cannibalism because i believe we are all supposed to love every animal and human on Earth! I am Catholic wth a bit of Jainism, Hindu and Buddhism in me but i just have their no violence belief. I still am Catholic in my religious beliefs, though. Hey, I earned it i went through 12 years of Catholic school! I wanted a pot bellied pig but the family immediately vetoed it!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Jdaw1985 Yep. Cycle of life. Lion King is one of my favorite movies.
i'm so hungry. right now, i could eat about anything.
@jilybean1222 I, too, am hungry. I am a part -time vegetarian. Thursday and before I went to bed Friday night, I had meat for dinner. I went at 8 pm and woke up at 9:30 pm I haven't been able to sleep. I am going to stay up for the night. I have too much energy lately without all my regular meds! (My doctor is taking me off them. I am not taking myself off them) And now i am hungry, too! I am starving. I think I m having some blue corn chips and melted cheddar cheese! I have to eat something with ham deli meat as I have a bunch and can't freeze it as it was already frozen yesterday for lunch tomorrow!
@Marty1 blue corn chips and cheddar sound yum! we are having a southwestern-isn meal tonight... though not sure what exactly yet... i'm grilling some marinated chicken. there will be a mango avocado salsa. probably salad. possibly tortilla chips iwht cheese (ala nachos?).... i'm hungry again
@jillybean1222 I think you have to stop making such yummy food so you aren't; hungry. If I cooked as well as you I would be a lot more pounds! I am having a vegetarian week this week and last week was meat. I am a part time vegetarian now! I am going to learn to cook. I am going grocery shopping next week I think with a friend and am going to be looking up both kinds of recipes and getting ingredients. I am determined to learn to cook. I have to start a grocery list. It will also remind me to eat which I do sometimes!
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We do not eat meat-have not had it for years. Most of our adult lives actually we have not been meat eaters. There is so much food on the planet that avoid animal flesh is easy enough!
@PATZANTHONY I think you are exactly right! I can see so many other things that we can eat. Animal flesh puts me off of the fact it is an animal, and i am eating a being that was living once! I think that most animals that people eat were abused. i have seen too many videos, and even the slaughter process is not easy for the animals.
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Marty1 Yeah-the term "humane slaughter" has become popular, but it is not humane, is it?
@PatZAnthony Humans slaughter animals horribly. Slaughter and humane are antonyms and do not ever belong in the same sentence together. The way they do it, makes it seem that they are looking for the cruelest way to "humanely slaughter" I have to think the person who said humanely slaughter is either in avoidance just don't have a heart!
@puddleglum (1418)
Good luck with your vegetarian lifestyle. I hope it helps you stay healthy, along with having a clear conscience. I am not a vegetarian, but many of my friends are.
@puddleglum Thanks for the luck wish. I have the book on veganism on Kindle and it says i have ALMOST 28 HOURS LEFT OF READING! No wonder i got sick, i didn't read into it enough!
@Marty1 That's a lot of research! It's not very encouraging. If you do finish, though, you'll probably be an expert.
@puddleglum I will find the time! I will certainly be an expert i can't tell how large the book is because it is on my Kindle i bought for ten dollars because i thought it was important enough!
I could never go vegetarian, way too boring.
@marklina I think i am going to be a part-time vegetarian! Eat meat once a week when i start going out to dinner once a week with my neighbor! Don't worry she is doing the driving and we are going to join an exercise class!
@MARLINA I agree it can be boring. But I am going to be a part- time vegetarian, and eventually, I will go vegan. I have some vegan cheese sauce, vegan Parmesan cheese, and vegan eggs. I am going to try and experiment with all kinds of meats and vegetables. I am going to be looking for recipes for the rest of tonight. I am supposed to start a grocery list for my friend to take me shopping next week! I want to experiment because my mom always cooked the same thing each week for almost 45 years since i was born.
@DeborahDiane (21558)
• Laguna Woods, California
All of our daughters have gone through a vegetarian and/or vegan stage ... but they all eventually returned to eating meat. I have accommodated their dietary requirements, either way.
@deborahdiane I went through stages of it over 20 years ago in college. I have been pretty consistent with it lately!
• Laguna Woods, California
@Marty1 - Good for you. It is a healthy way to eat ... if you know what you are doing!
@gr8nana6 (2194)
Good luck with your new eating habits. I have to have my meats though.
@gr8nana6 Thanks! I am now a part-time vegetarian. A neighbor of mine won't eat red meat more than once a month, and it is making her sick. But she feels the same way about animals as i do She is such a good furbaby mommy to her two dogs and horse!