Can coffee damage our brains?

@ourlot (995)
In the same way that alcohol and cigarettes affect the brain (for worse), does coffee damage the brain?
My mother in law started drinking coffee when she read an article that it actually helps in avoiding Alzheimer's so I don't think it damages the brain at all as coffee contains anti oxidant as well
@raki369 (1025)
No..actually one or two coffee per day can help your health than fruit juice . It is fact.
I believe they have done studies that have shown in moderation it can actually be good for us.
There's a study conducted it's good for the heart and can prevent alzheimer's disease. Which means it's not bad for the brains.
@Dramista (545)
Water is one of the healthiest things you can drink but drink more than the average and it dilutes your bloodstream making you lightheaded (I've tried this then did some research on it). Our bodies are complex and it requires multiple sets of chemicals and substances to maintain homeostasis. If too much water is bad for you, what does that say about coffee? :)
@Genipher (5136)
Coffee is basically just water, right? So, logically, it's good for your brain!
• Bangalore, India
may excess be but one two cup of it will not damage it for sure
No, I don't believe that coffee affects the brain in a bad way.
I don't think so-now their saying it's good for us. As long as you do things in moderation it's fine. I drink a cup or two per day.
@aarifa (1212)
Coffee contains caffeine. It is give good sleep.
@Chungshop (2343)
I don't know. But we drink coffee everyday from small till now. It all depends.
@succeednow (1636)
I don't think so unless you're are drinking tons and tons of the stuff everyday. But before that affects your brain I guess it will affect your digestive system first. Anyway, just do everything in moderation and you should be alright..
I'm a coffee drinker and I'm still fine.