Rubbish taxes.

@xFiacre (8856)
Ireland
Early Sunday morning. The dead are in their graves and the living in their beds and I'm at my work. Everything in its rightful place. Last night's heavily policed band parade around South Belfast has left the streets littered with beer cans and chip papers and my taxes are now being used to pay people to pick up other people's rubbish, detritus left largely by non tax payers. By lunch time the stench of urine will have disappeared and the place will look and smell just peachy.
I also dislike to see the money I spend in taxes used to clean the mess made by small groups. Who litters should pay and also help to clean.
@pgntwo (17608)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It's amazing what people will do on the public highway that they wouldn't do in the living room or garden in their own home....
@xFiacre (8856)
@pgntwo especially when the rubbish is being applied super abundantly to the traditional route of the King's high way.
@pgntwo (17608)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre The worst excuse I have heard was when the occupant of a car heaved the wrappers from his burger meal out through the car window: "I'm keeping the litter picker guy in a job!".
@pgntwo The students at work say similar about keeping the cleaners busy.
@valmnz (11674)
• New Zealand
Sounds horrible. Feeling thankful for living in NZ
@xFiacre (8856)
@valmnz There's rarely any excuse for litter and never for piddling up against my hedge, but there you go.
Hurrah for the payment of taxes!
@MGjhaud (19521)
i keep thinking about that hole up ahead from my apartment. it makes me question about my tax payments everytime.
@Daljinder (19258)
Honestly I dislike that sort of thing. It happens around here on regular. I don't understand why it is so difficult for them to throw trash in bins.
@pgntwo (17608)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Trash magically picks itself up and drops itself into the bin, don't you know? Pixies...
@xFiacre (8856)
@pgntwo There's no pixies in Belfast South.
@pgntwo (17608)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre Aye, even the goblins and faeries are scary!
Thank goodness for the taxes you paid.