Psych Testing

@nanette64 (14686)
Fairfield, Texas
I hate flying and have only done so 4 times in my entire life. I mean, if something goes wrong, you can kiss your butt goodbye; unless of course you're wearing a dress that can also be a parachute. (Sorry guys, you're screwed). The FAA has declined to include psych testing of commercial pilots. Seriously? I realize there are several exams a pilot must pass but I do think a psych eval should be one of them. Personally I don't want to be several thousand feet in the air when my pilot decides to go coo-coo. I think I'll stick to driving everywhere; regardless of the time involved.
Psychological tests are ineffective because they reveal a pilot's mental health for only a moment in time, the FAA has found
@hostessman (7582)
• Tucson, Arizona
A person shouldhave to take a psych test befor getting a drivers license. more people die i car wrecks than in planes. Lot of psycos behind the wheels..
@nanette64 (14686)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, no kidding @hostessman . I think that's why they are making cars now that almost drive themselves. Even in my small town of 3,000; there are nuts aplenty.
Oh yes, a pilot that is sane is a must in my opinion! However, my fear of heights prevents me from flying, so WHEW!
@nanette64 (14686)
• Fairfield, Texas
I don't like heights either @Corbin5 (are we related?). And not being in control of my own destiny makes it scary.
@nanette64 Oh yes, we are related! Love ya cousin!!!
@nanette64 (14686)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 I thought so.
@Marcyaz (36017)
I wonder why no psych evaluation, in some States to become an armed Security Officer you have to have a psych evaluation so you would think pilots would also. I definitely drive if I want to go someplace.
@nanette64 (14686)
• Fairfield, Texas
And when you figure a pilot is responsible for how many people? @Marcyaz . It just doesn't make sense.
@Marcyaz (36017)
@nanette64 No it doesn't make any sense and think of how many lives they have under their care.
• Eugene, Oregon
To some people, flying is just like catching a bus, but I have to sort of grit my teeth when I book a flight. It is just such a fast way of getting from here to there, I do it anyway.
@nanette64 (14686)
• Fairfield, Texas
I know what you mean about the time-frame @JamesHxstatic . It takes me 14 hours to drive from Texas to Nebraska where as flying, it's only 1 1/2 hours.
@AkoPinay (10952)
Flying is SAFER than driving on the road.
@nanette64 (14686)
• Fairfield, Texas
I agree @AkoPinay . There are definitely too many nuts on the roads today.